RE: [hreg] Peak Oil Conference July 9th

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
      Thanks Jacques for raving about this topic. Peak Oil is good news for
      renewable fans. Rising energy prices makes alternatives, like wind more
      attractive. Yes, much of electricity is natural gas, coal, but they say
      that US natural gas has already peaked, explaining why the price has gone
      up so recently. Crisis=opportunity.

      On your being uninformed, everyone is because folks assumed Saudi figures
      on reserves were accurate and the peak wouldn't be for decades. But
      responsible folks passionately question their ability to keep us
      supplied. Matthew Simmons expects the peak in a year or two. A
      consultant hired to study how long it would take the economy to adjust
      reported to the Federal Government reported that it would take at least
      ten years.

      For folks that have already seen the movie, during it we offer a chance to
      connect with like minds. Bob Randall will give a presentation on food and
      energy. Brian Herod will facilitate our breaking up into interest
      groups. Dan Barnum and Robin Holzer will be there to tell about smart
      growth and transportation issues. Etc. After the movie we'll have a panel
      and then more conversations.

      Nan Hildreth

      Nan Hildreth, Houston
      713-842-6643 NanHildreth@...
      713-443-3104 cell
      3939 Luca St.
      Houston, Tx 77021
    • Bashir Syed
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2005
        What is the title of this Documentary, and from where can one obtain this DVD?

        Bashir A. Syed
        Vice-President, R&D
        EnerTech Enterprises, Inc.
        1120 NASA Parkway, Suy=uite 220W
        Houston, TX 77058
        Bus. 281-333-9889/Direct: 281-286-3726.
        P.S. I will be out of the U.S. till August 8th, 2005, attending Inter Solar, Freiberg, Germany, and other International Consulting.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
            Hreg Group:
            The energy bill (HR 6) was passed by the Senate. I am making a desparate call to all HREG members and purveyors of renewable energy across the Nation to act now. Now that it has passed, there is a "conference committee" to try and sort out the differences in the House version and Senate version. There is one final step after that - President Bush's approval. He has called for the bill to be on his desk by August. PLEASE take some time to look at this bill. It is shocking to say the least that the government is so interested in nuclear energy (unstable, dangereous to national security, and bad for the environment - no matter where we dispose of waste), incentives to fossil fuel companies, and handing our tax money to these moguls. I am including 2 links with 2 separate schools of thought on the issue. One is from the GOP based United States Senate committee on Energy and Natural Resources, and one from Public Citizen. Any web search will lead you to the actual language of the bill, if you can understand it, as well as amendments that have been made. The provisions in this bill are nothing but bandaids placed over salt on an ever growing infected cut. I appreciate your time and future efforts.

            Sincerely,
            John Hornsby
            Owner,
            A-Phaze Electric