RE: [hreg] Tours

  • Amanda Tullos
    Message 1 of 7 , May 27, 2005
      Under-floor displacement air is sort of like raised access flooring you
      might see in a computer lab. The basic merits of the system are to keep the
      A/C near where the people are and to be more flexible for the Owner (usually
      office spaces).

      Keeping the A/C output near the user mean less "throw" and since heat rises
      and cool falls, it help to save energy and reduce pollution. The user can
      aim the diffuser or close it if it is too cold, giving him/ her more control
      over their area. Office spaces move people or change phones, computers,
      etc. around fairly often, and using this system saves time making these
      adjustments.
      There is more info at this website: http://www.mccoyinc.com/raisedaccess.asp

      Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!

      Amanda Tullos, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP
      co-Chair
      AIA COTE - Houston
      American Institute of Architects