Re: Green energy

  • jsbalkite
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2005
      Charlie,

      In short, you can keep your penny per kWh and subscribe to Green
      Mountain's Pollution-Free plan.

      I too have been frustrated by GME's small, grass roots campaign
      and
      lack of mass marketing.

      GME offers two plans: 1) Pollution-Free (10% Wind, 90% Hydro) and 2)
      100% Wind. The Pollution-Free plan is the same price as Reliant's
      regular price (the price-to-beat). Or you can choose the 100% Wind
      plan. It is one penny more per kWh over Reliant's price-to-beat. That
      amounts to $10 more per month based on 1,000 kWh consumption for the
      100% Wind plan ($.01 * 1,000 kWh = $10).

      CenterPoint (separate from Reliant) reads your meter and maintains
      the grid regardless of which electric utility retailer you choose. So
      reliability is the same and is guaranteed by the Public Utility
      Commission of Texas.

      GME Facts:
      Switching is free
      No deposit required
      No minimum term (no contract)
      GME Pollution-Free price is the exact same as Reli
      ant'sfossil-fuel
      based plan (price-to-beat) and one penny less per kHw than
      Reliant's
      Renewable plan.

      Prices as of 5/4/05:
      Reliant Energy – Price to beat – $.1220/kWh
      Green Mountain – Pollution-Free – $.1219/kWh
      Green Mountain – 100% Wind – $.1319/kWh
      Reliant Energy – Renewable Plan – $.1320/kWh

      Like I said earlier, if you decide to switch please help a brother
      out and go through me. I get a modest commission for each person that
      switches. You can either call me, email me or use this link to switch:

      http://www.greenmountain.com/sales/jbalkite

      Take care,

      James Balkite
      832.452.3319 cell