solar fountains and energy costs

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2005

      If anyone else is interested in a solar fountain, they are available,
      complete and ready for use, from Home Improvements catalog. The small
      one, 33GPH is 49.99 and the larger one is 105GPH at 199.99. There is
      also a floating fountain that aerates a pond for 69.99. Their web site
      is: www.ImprovementsCatalog.com

      I personally can not buy the comment that solar is expensive because you
      are paying for the energy up front. The whole idea behind solar is that
      you do not pay for the energy. Yes, I do need to change my systems and
      my appliances, but I do not pay for energy. In many cases, the solar
      appliance is cheaper that the conventional. For example: my solar
      clothes dryer is cheaper than an electric or gas dryer. Even my fancy 3
      line jobey with proper pulleys imported from Canada. Or my solar cooker
      vs my oven.

      The cost to the user is that it is not as convenient to use solar. I do
      agree that many spoiled Americans will not use solar as long as it is
      more inconvenient but there is also a huge market of people willing to
      save the environment and their pocketbook by using the methods that
      require a little human effort. I do believe that many of our members
      did join this list to learn about these methods so they can adapt which
      ones suit them, to their lives.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim