Re: [hreg] Digest Number 62

  • Marjorie N Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2000
      I like the idea of a renewable energy/energy efficiency resource center.
      It would be a good site for archiving energy history, having educational
      materials available to the public, doing workshops, etc. And besides,
      folks could come see how that kind of building looks.
      It needs to be designed so that solar cookers can go up on the deck above
      the entry way or whatever. There are RE educ. sites in El Paso and near
      Canyon (panhandle) and probably other places; Austin needs something too.
      There could be year-round workshops with interns from those folks who
      periodically show up. There would need to be a garden and rain water
      catchment too. Maybe we could get the Wildflower Center to host it.......
      Marge Wood