EE Homes

  • Steve Stelzer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2000
      HREG: Here is some good info on energy efficient homes. Start with the
      http//www.fsec.edu to get a handle on techniques to beat the heat in a
      hot/humid climate. Then the For Your Home will report on the Florida
      superefficient house. Next review the PG&E ACT2 superefficient house. The
      City of Austin has an energy code, (which is simplified for residences) that
      won't be superefficient, but by now you'll see why we need this type of
      house construction, then check out the FGBC Standards for the Florida
      "Green" Homebuilding standard, and finally the Energy Star program which
      seems to be the program we ought to utilize to get more Houstonians on the
      path.

      Hope this helps. Let me know if your searches turn up any more good
      hot/humid building technology info.

      Steve Stelzer, AIA