Earth Day agenda

  • jclem412@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2005
      From our Earth Day, including a roundtable discussion on energy, pulic invited.  Diane & Jonathan Clemens

      ISSUES
      Peak Oil.
      State of Energy "Emergency" (to be announced in Paris on that day).
      Habitat (for Humanity et al).
      Water.
      Energy INdependence.

      RESOURCES
      Low-cost loans.
      Energy Audit.
      Conservation.
      Sustainable/Renewable.

      SOLUTIONS
      Tidal energy.  Solar energy.  Hydro, Hydrogen, Wind, Biomass.
      Passive solar design.
      Local energy coop
           via the Food Coop, downtown business, uptown businesses.
      Energy cooperative for biofuel and solar. - restaurants, farming, permaculture

      READING LIST
      Home Power Magazine.

      The International Academy of Science, 26900 Pink Hill Road, Independence, MO. 64057 has the papers: "Oxides of Nitrogen Control for Appliance Conversion to Hydrogen Fuel", "Hydrogen Homestead", "Fuel from Water", and "The Hydrogen World View".

      "The Party's Over" by Kjell Aleklett, of Sweden.

      "The Greening of Cuba" = recommended video