Earth Day

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 90 , Apr 9, 2005
      Message
      John, Karen and I had a great time talking to lots of people in the nice weather at the Woodlands Earth Day last Saturday.  I think we did some good spreading the word.  We will share pictures on the website after this month of Earth Days is over.

      HREG has been invited to display at 2 new Earth Day events this month, but we can't do it without volunteers.  Please let me know if you would be willing to staff at table at either of these events.

      Houston Zoo - (this sounds like a good, high visibility venue) - April 22 and/or 23 (Fri. 10-2/Sat. 10-3)

      McGovern Museum of Health and Medical Science - Thursday, April 21st from 4-7pm.
      Plenty of indoor space for booths and activities, as well as a gorgeousSensory Garden for some outdoor activities as well.  Thursday the 21st is “Free Family Thursday” in the museum district and anywhere from 300 to 800 people come through the Museum on an average day.

      Calling all volunteers!

      Earth Day website: www.HoustonEarthDay.org
    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 90 of 90 , Jan 20, 2006
        I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.
        John Gardner

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        Looking ahead to Earth Day, I’d like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other.  I’m sure we will have many opportunities and I don’t want to accept more than we can handle.  Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event.  Most will be on Saturdays in April.  Please e-mail me at mewert@....  Thank you.