Re: [hreg] Home Insulation -DIY spray in

  • Naturallighting.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2005
      Re: [hreg] Home Insulation   -DIY spray in

                              check out DIY  spray in  http://www.fomofoam.com/one/
                              is closed cell product.  Superior to open cell products which can absorb water.

                              larry Weber

                          Naturallighting.com

                          Houston, Texas  77062

                          Toll Free  1.888.900.6830
                              FAX        281.488.0823

                          email:  larry@...
                          http://www.naturallighting.com

      On 4/8/05 8:05 AM, "J. P. Malone" <JPMALONE@...> wrote:

      I am looking for suggestions to improve the insulation on my home’s South wall.

      I removed some rotted boards and found that the rock-wool insulation had all settled to the bottom 18 inches of the wall.
      I plan to remove all of the boards, re-insulated, and then put on Hardi-board.

      The wall studs are only 4 inch.  Therefore batt fiberglass will only give me a R-13.

      What alternatives are there that will help me raise the R-value to a minimum of R-19, hopefully more.
      Cost is a major constraint.

      Thanks for any & all suggestions.

      J. Patrick Malone

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Naturallighting.com
      1939 Richvale
      Houston, Texas  77062

      Toll Free  1.888.900.6830
      FAX        281.488.0823

      email:  larry@...
      http://www.naturallighting.com

    • SBT Designs
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2005
        I am receiving inquiries from the DFW area for renewable products and service.  While we can certainly provide products remotely I would never try to provide service to DFW.  It is too far away and much too dense an urban area once you get there.

        I have made this offer before to my fellow vendors and so far they have pretty much been too fearful and thick necked to agree or participate.  My offer is I will barter or exchange customer leads.  Besides potential economic benefits I am interested in seeing customers get served and that our industry continue to progress in this state.  Frankly I think we vendors could potentially be more productive at that than TREIA or TXSES ever has been

        In any case, I have leads in DFW that I am willing to barter or exchange.  Please let me know if there are any vendors in the DFW area interested.

        Steven Shepard
        SBT Designs
        25581 IH-10 West
        San Antonio, Texas 78257
        (210) 698-7109
        www.sbtdesigns.com
        Patrick, if you are not on the fast track to finish the project, you might consider being in Dallas on April 19 for the NTREG monthly general meeting.
      • SBT Designs
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 8, 2005
          I always had a lot of success with the radiant barrier foam boards.  Turns your structure into an ice chest.  Condensation has to be addressed in the installation and the material will not hold up under direct sunlight but it is very versatile and easy to install.