Veggie Oil Recycling Co-op

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      This message came from a couple I met who drive a diesel-engine van
      on recycled vegetable that they collect from restaraunts. They held a
      small "seminar" where they showed off the bus and explained the
      plumbing conversions that make it possible. No changes were made to
      the engine aside from the normal repairs of an old diesel engine.

      They say that the biggest obstacle facing a person who wants to run
      veggie oil is that the suppliers of oil to restaraunts are now
      supplying a collection tank so that the used oil becomes
      the "property" of the same company that sells the new oil, making it
      illegal for the restaraunteur to dispose of old oil in any other way.

      If you're interested in joining a veggie oil recycling co-op or
      talking with Chris about his conversion you can reach them at
      motherearthbus@...

      Sandra wrote:
      "Chris and I want to help get an oil collection coop started here in
      Houston before we leave for the summer. We've had alot of interest
      expressed, and I wanted to set up a time for everyone to get together
      and start talking logistics.

      I thought the Taft Street coffeehouse would be a nice gathering spot;
      it's near Westheimer and Montrose - www.taftstreetcoffee.com.
      They're open Sunday 12-5pm and 7:30-10:30pm and Monday/Tuesday 9am-
      10pm. Wednesday they're 9a-10p too, but that's Central City Co-op
      pickup day, so it may be a bit more crowded. So, our schedule is
      pretty open this week, just email and let me know when's a good time
      and we'll get this thing started! You can also call on our cell
      phone, 479-659-4051.

      Take care!
      Sandra"