Re: [hreg] Tank-less demand water heaters

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2005
      Home depot stocks them and has them on display. Lowes has them on display
      but must order them, they also have a huge mark up for propane which home
      depot doesn't. They are fairly easy to install yourself. If you are using
      a gas/propane one be warned: they use a 5" flue not the standard 3" flue
      that a tank style hot water heater uses. This can make the changeover
      expensive in an existing home. Also, if you are using one to back up solar
      hot water, make sure you get the right model. Only certain ones have
      temperature sensors in them, the rest just take your water and raise it a
      set amount of degrees, depending on how you set it. [one flame or
      three] The water can be heated to cause injury without meaning to have it
      that hot. [slow running water heats hotter] Hope this helps.
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      At 08:21 AM 2/22/2005, you wrote:
      >Can anyone direct me to a good information and/or installation resource
      >for a quality, efficient tank-less demand water heater?
      >
      >Thanks.
      >
      >J. Patrick Malone

      > *
      >
      >--

    • Sam Lindsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2005

        Sam Lindsey
        "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well- preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "......holy shit ...... what a ride!"

        http://mail.yahoo.com