Re: [hreg] Let's Build a Solar House

  • Marjorie N Wood
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2000
      How about one of those houses built from shredded paper mixed with
      concrete? There are folks doing that in Arizona and New Mexico. It would
      be inexpensive, durable and not need much cooling or heating.
      Marge

      On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 00:49:10 EDT OLafleur@... writes:
      > Hello Charlie!
      >
      > This is a late response because I was out of town for the past week.
      > Your
      > idea is one that will really put HREG on the map, if we can make it
      > reality. It will be easy to get full funding for a project like
      > this, if we
      > look hard enough. Lets start looking at the cost and benefits, when
      > you have
      > a chance.
      >
      > Also, this is a good topic for our next meeting.
      >
      > Oral

    • Kim & Garth Travis
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2000
        The problem with papercrete is that it has not got the track record to get a
        building permit. As of now, only one papercrete house is in the process of
        being built by permit. Here in Texas we have a code for adobe and fibrous
        adobe will be passed under the same code. This is important to me because
        of insurance on the building. By the way, we have a couple of small
        papercrete buildings right here in Bedias, no need to go to AZ or NM.
        Kim