Tank-less demand water heaters

  • J. P. Malone
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22 6:21 AM

      Can anyone direct me to a good information and/or installation resource for a quality, efficient tank-less demand water heater?

      Thanks.

      J. Patrick Malone

    • Andrew McCalla
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22 6:25 AM

        J. Patrick,

        This company has long distributed several brands:

        http://www.cechot.com/

        Andrew H. McCalla

        Meridian Energy Systems

        2300 S. Lamar, Ste. 107

        Austin, TX   78704

        Voice: (512) 448-0055

        Fax:    (512) 448-0045

        www.meridiansolar.com

      • Kim & Garth Travis
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22 6:48 AM
          Home depot stocks them and has them on display. Lowes has them on display
          but must order them, they also have a huge mark up for propane which home
          depot doesn't. They are fairly easy to install yourself. If you are using
          a gas/propane one be warned: they use a 5" flue not the standard 3" flue
          that a tank style hot water heater uses. This can make the changeover
          expensive in an existing home. Also, if you are using one to back up solar
          hot water, make sure you get the right model. Only certain ones have
          temperature sensors in them, the rest just take your water and raise it a
          set amount of degrees, depending on how you set it. [one flame or
          three] The water can be heated to cause injury without meaning to have it
          that hot. [slow running water heats hotter] Hope this helps.
          Bright Blessings,
          Kim

          At 08:21 AM 2/22/2005, you wrote:
          >Can anyone direct me to a good information and/or installation resource
          >for a quality, efficient tank-less demand water heater?
          >
          >Thanks.
          >
          >J. Patrick Malone

          > *
          >
          >--

        • Sam Lindsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22 11:00 AM

            Sam Lindsey
            "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well- preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "......holy shit ...... what a ride!"

            http://mail.yahoo.com