Call for Submissions ARCHITECTURAL GRAPHIC STANDARDS 11TH EDITION

  • Leonard Bachman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2005
      Call for Submissions (apologies for duplicate postings, but please
      distribute widely)
      ARCHITECTURAL GRAPHIC STANDARDS 11TH EDITION
      First rough draft to be completed April 1, 2005 and final version completed
      December 1, 2005.

      _____

      Call for Submissions (apologies for duplicate postings, but please
      distribute widely)

      ARCHITECTURAL GRAPHIC STANDARDS 11TH EDITION

      First rough draft to be completed April 1, 2005 and final version completed
      December 1, 2005.

      Dear Friends,

      As chapter editor for AGS 11, Element D: Services, I invite you to
      participate in a re-envisioning of this traditional reference volume. There
      are many changes afoot and up to 40% of the content could be new or revised.
      Element D covers a lot of ground and many individual contributions are
      needed. This revision could impact over 110 pages of AGS 11 that currently
      comprise about 90 pages in AGS 10. Dividing the topics up makes the work
      easier and the product more comprehensive, so please read on.

      Some changes from AGS 10:

      * Conversion to the UNIFORMAT II classification system, which is
      intended to enhance systems integration and project communication

      * http://www.wbdg.org/ndbm/DevHistory_wbs_d.html
      * http://www.uniformat.com/figure1.html

      * The old one-page-per-topic format is being reconsidered
      * Case studies in each section and a master case study overview will
      be included
      * Updates on technical advances made over the last five or six years
      * An expansion from a pattern book of standard details to something
      more in the way a of decision making guide... while still maintaining the
      traditional AGS reference value

      Some completely new topics specific to Element D that were not covered in
      AGS 10:

      * Controls and automation
      * Rainwater harvesting
      * Testing and commissioning

      There are also no page credits in AGS 10 for cooling towers or for duct
      sizing. My guess is Walter G. did these? At any rate, I am only the editor
      and thus am at the mercy of all you contributors, past, present, and (very
      near) future.

      Andy Pressman, FAIA is the project editor. He is on leave from Univ. of New
      Mexico this year while working with Wiley and the AIA in Washington, D. C..
      If you know Andy, then you know this will be new, different, high quality
      and very enjoyable. Naturally I have a great deal more information so if you
      have any interest or questions please contact me immediately at

      LBachman@...

      Or

      LBachman@...

      I am on academic leave myself this semester, so don't call me at the
      college.

      Thanks!

      Leonard Bachman

      Finally, if you made it this far, here are the main Element D Level 3
      components. More detail and definitions can be found at the wbdg.org link
      above:

      * D2010 Plumbing Fixtures
      * D2020 Domestic Water Distribution
      * D2030 Sanitary Waste
      * D2040 Rain Water Drainage
      * D2050 Special Plumbing Systems
      * D3010 Energy Supply
      * D3020 Heat Generating Systems
      * D3030 Cooling Generating Systems
      * D3040 Distribution Systems
      * D3050 Terminal & Package Units
      * D3060 Controls & Instrumentation
      * D3070 Special HVAC Systems & Equipment
      * D3080 Systems Testing & Balancing