Newbie

  • Jodie Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
      Hello everyone. I am new to the RE scene. I recently purchased a 6k
      sqft home on 8 acres. It was built in 1972, and is in need of some
      major energy conservation. It has 3 ac/heat units, and my 1st months
      electric bill was (November) $600.00.. I am not sure where to start
      but do see lots of stuff that I can do to help bring it down. I am
      wanting to find the best way's to conserve energy for my family and
      the environment.. I have been reading a few of the posts, and as
      time allows hope to read more.... Thanks, Tornado_coach
    • Richard D. Kelley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
        DC Fans Help a lot.

        I hook some directly to small solar panels so they kick in automatically when it is sunny. The wife used to say turn off the fan you are wasting electricity. Now she says turn it off because it is making noise.

        Richard D. Kelley, PMP
        Certified Project Manger
        Rdkelley@...
        (281) 933 - 3958

        Hello everyone. I am new to the RE scene. I recently purchased a 6k
        sqft home on 8 acres. It was built in 1972, and is in need of some
        major energy conservation. It has 3 ac/heat units, and my 1st months
        electric bill was (November) $600.00.. I am not sure where to start
        but do see lots of stuff that I can do to help bring it down. I am
        wanting to find the best way's to conserve energy for my family and
        the environment.. I have been reading a few of the posts, and as
        time allows hope to read more.... Thanks, Tornado_coach

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • C.C. Foster
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005
          Jodie, I will be happy to take a look at your "challange" home if you
          contact me directly at C_C_Foster@....

          Foster</FONT></div></html>

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2005
            I would be grateful for any assistance....

            Thanks, Jodie

            "C.C. Foster" <c_c_foster@...> wrote:
            Jodie, I will be happy to take a look at your "challange" home if you
            contact me directly at C_C_Foster@....

            Foster</FONT></div></html>

            &gt;From: &quot;Jodie Johnson&quot; &lt;tornado_coach1@...&gt;
            &gt;Reply-To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
            &gt;To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
            &gt;Subject: [hreg] Newbie
            &gt;Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:18:46 -0000
            &gt;
            &gt;
            &gt;Hello everyone. I am new to the RE scene. I recently purchased a 6k
            &gt;sqft home on 8 acres. It was built in 1972, and is in need of some
            &gt;major energy conservation. It has 3 ac/heat units, and my 1st months
            &gt;electric bill was (November) $600.00.. I am not sure where to start
            &gt;but do see lots of stuff that I can do to help bring it down. I am
            &gt;wanting to find the best way's to conserve energy for my family and
            &gt;the environment..  I have been reading a few of the posts, and as
            &gt;time allows hope to read more....   Thanks,  Tornado_coach
            &gt;
            &gt;
            &gt;