Introduction

  • Leanne Reidy
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2004
      Greetings HREG list members.

      I would like to introduce myself to you as a new
      member of the HREG List.

      My name is Leanne Reidy and I have just joined the
      list after returning from the Pacific Northwest where
      I attended both Wind Power and PV Design and
      Installation workshops held by SEI (Solar Energy
      International.)

      I am interested to know what efforts are being made in
      Texas to promote, encourage and educate people about
      using Renewable Energy in general, in addition to
      active RE businesses in the area.

      I am currently looking for an entry level position in
      RE. I have a solid and extensive background in IT;
      Procurement, Sales & Marketing, Education & Training -
      working from a start up B2B ISP, to managing a $20
      million budget for a Fortune 50 Energy Company based
      in Houston.

      I am highly motivated to enter this industry so if you
      are looking for an intelligent, driven, enthusiastic
      self starter, please let me send you my resume.

      I look forward to being an active participant both as
      a list member and as an RE advocate.

      Regards,

      Leanne M. Reidy
      lmreidy@...

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Steven Shepard
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2004
        If you were in San Antonio we could talk about a position with our company.

        SBT Designs
        25581 IH-10 West
        San Antonio, Texas 78257
        210-698-7109
        FAX: 210-698-7147
        www.sbtdesigns.com

        > I would like to introduce myself to you as a new
        > member of the HREG List.
        >
        > My name is Leanne Reidy and I have just joined the
        > list after returning from the Pacific Northwest where
        > I attended both Wind Power and PV Design and
        > Installation workshops held by SEI (Solar Energy
        > International.)
        >
        > I am interested to know what efforts are being made in
        > Texas to promote, encourage and educate people about
        > using Renewable Energy in general, in addition to
        > active RE businesses in the area.
        >
        > I am currently looking for an entry level position in
        > RE. I have a solid and extensive background in IT;
        > Procurement, Sales & Marketing, Education & Training -
        > working from a start up B2B ISP, to managing a $20
        > million budget for a Fortune 50 Energy Company based
        > in Houston.
        >
        > I am highly motivated to enter this industry so if you
        > are looking for an intelligent, driven, enthusiastic
        > self starter, please let me send you my resume.
        >
        > I look forward to being an active participant both as
        > a list member and as an RE advocate.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Leanne M. Reidy
        > lmreidy@...
        > 281-658-9366

      • Jim & Janet
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 29, 2004
          Hello Leanne, If you are interested in moving to the Fort Worth/Dallas area,
          I would be interested in making you an offer.
          Regards,
          Jim Duncan
          North Texas Renewable Energy Inc.
          817.917.0527
          ntrei@...

          There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
          and that is an idea whose time has come.
          Victor Hugo
          ************************************
          > I would like to introduce myself to you as a new
          > member of the HREG List.
          >
          > My name is Leanne Reidy and I have just joined the
          > list after returning from the Pacific Northwest where
          > I attended both Wind Power and PV Design and
          > Installation workshops held by SEI (Solar Energy
          > International.)
          >
          > I am interested to know what efforts are being made in
          > Texas to promote, encourage and educate people about
          > using Renewable Energy in general, in addition to
          > active RE businesses in the area.
          >
          > I am currently looking for an entry level position in
          > RE. I have a solid and extensive background in IT;
          > Procurement, Sales & Marketing, Education & Training -
          > working from a start up B2B ISP, to managing a $20
          > million budget for a Fortune 50 Energy Company based
          > in Houston.
          >
          > I am highly motivated to enter this industry so if you
          > are looking for an intelligent, driven, enthusiastic
          > self starter, please let me send you my resume.
          >
          > I look forward to being an active participant both as
          > a list member and as an RE advocate.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Leanne M. Reidy
          > lmreidy@...
          > 281-658-9366

        • Kumbakonam Sambasiva Venkataraman
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008

            Dear friend,

            I have joined this group today.

            I am K S Venkataraman, Associate Editor, Dynamic Youth magazine. Dynamic Youth is a free online English monthly HRD magazine dedicated to Global Youth Development. For further details please visit our website www.dynamicyouth.org

            Dynamic Youth issue for February 2008, with many interesting and useful features, is available in www.dynamicyouth.org for your kind perusal. Dynamic Youth is concerned with all the subjects relevant to modern youth of all parts of the world.

            Many items of interest on African scenario have been highlighted. Hon. Shola Olumola writes on Economic Partnership Agreement in his special column.

            Please also ask your friends to have a look at Dynamic Youth and share their valuable ideas with us.

            Articles on related topics are welcome. We are also interested to associate ourselves in youth development projects on a no-loss-no-profit basis.

            I hope to have a meaningful interaction with the learned members of this group.

            With kind regards,

            K.S.Venkataraman

          • Susan Modikoane

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008

                With so much energy going to ac in Texas, I’ve been thinking of a ductless heat pump system to cool/heat all or part of a 1200 sq ft old farm house.

                Advantages:

                                Can get high seer

                                Won’t use up all my attic

                                30% energy loss can occur from ducts in an attic

                Does anyone have any experience or comments on the ductless system?

                Regards,

                Mark Shafer

              • Jim & Janet
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
                  Mark,
                  Janet & I were all ready to go with a Daikin split system for our new home northwest of Fort Worth. Our builder, Jim Sargent, pointed out that the cost of geothermal would be lower in our case.
                  Since we will be bringing water and electric service over a thousand feet from the road to the house, he suggested that I use the same rented trencher to dig a pattern of trenches for the horizontal heat-pump heat exchange tubing. That eliminates the big expense of drilling ~200 foot  wells for those tubes.
                  You may not have that option acre-wise but it is worth considering. One benefit of geothermal is the excess heat can be captured before it's dumped into the Earth and used as a pre-heating source for the Marathon water heater we will install. We have been able to eliminate the solar hot water from our house plans using this strategy.
                  I toured the Daikin plant near Dallas and learned a lot. That includes the fact that the backup heat source is electric resistance heating. Like all electric heat pumps, that can cause spikes in winter electric bills heating costs if outdoor temps get too low. Geothermal does not suffer from that problem. However the water pre heating capacity goes away in winter with geothermal.
                  Let us know what you decide won't you.
                  Jim Duncan

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
                    Jim,

                    GEOthermal is a very good source for heating and cooling (30+ EER)--- as long as it is done right!
                    On a smaller dwelling, it more practical to go with a super high efficient heat pump (i.e Trane XL19i= 19.5 SEER) because the cost of GEO on less than 3 tons is expensive.
                    Keep in mind that a horizontal loop system needs to be 6+ feet deep and is very long (tearing up the natural landscape) - it really depends on soil types.  A Vertical system's well is 250-300' and placed 15-20' apart.
                    To get a good idea - an existing home one would spend about 4500-5500 a ton for the retrofit - a new build would be 3500-4500 a ton and this depends on the options for the system.
                    The key to GEO is to do it right the first time - spend the time and resources to do the calculations and totally understand what your getting.    Visit www.climatemaster.com or www.waterfurance.com  and another great resource is the consortium - http://www.geoexchange.org/
                    Oh yea - free hot water is also a feature of GEO

                    Mike Correale

                    With so much energy going to ac in Texas, I’ve been thinking of a ductless heat pump system to cool/heat all or part of a 1200 sq ft old farm house.

                    Advantages:

                                    Can get high seer

                                    Won’t use up all my attic

                                    30% energy loss can occur from ducts in an attic

                    Does anyone have any experience or comments on the ductless system?

                    Regards,

                    Mark Shafer

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.