GREEN HOMES 101-Native Plants, Greater Houston Area

  • Environment Associates Architects
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2004

      GREEN HOMES 101 workshop......Native Plants
      In keeping with my ongoing personal and professional mission for educating consumers about Green Homes as beneficial habitats, and their vital importance to our health and well being, here is a free workshop you probably shouldn't miss.

      Just as Green Homes, to be successful, must work in harmony with the natural environment, so must the flora we use around our homes.  Native vegetation has proven itself able to thrive without added water or fertilizers.  Using native vegetation greatly reduces the homeowner's need for landscape maintenance, eliminates the use of pesticides and fertilizers, and can eliminate water bills.  Native landscaping also helps preserve a site's existing wildlife.

      For those not familiar with the speakers, be prepared to learn the basics (and much more) from some of the most well-know, experienced, and respected Native Plant practitioners in the greater Houston area.

      This workshop, December 15 from6-9 PM , is being sponsored by Cultivate Green, an non-profit organization being formed by volunteers and incubated by HARC (the Houston Area Research Center) to educate Houston area residents about how to have healthier home habitats that use a lot less energy and how to save money in the process.

      If you will be attending, please notify Terri Kurtin (see below) so that we will be able to save you a seat.

      We would greatly appreciate it if you could pass these flyers on to others that may be interested.

      (Please note that in keeping with my promise to you that I would not share your email address with others, I am personally sending this notice to you)

      Sincerely,

      LaVerne A. Williams, AIA, LEED AP
      architect & building ecologist
      LaVerne@...
      ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATES, Architects & Consultants
      5828 Langfield Road
      Houston, TX 77092-1429
      713.528.0000
      866.815.2527 toll free
      www.environmentassoc.com
      30 Years of Leadership in Healthy, High Performance Homes / Green Architecture
      Design Counseling / Consulting / Design / Construction Documents / Construction Administration Services

      Subject: Green Homes 101-Native Plants

      Please join us for the Next Cultivate Green Free Workshop!

      Green Homes 101 December 15 from 6-9 PM
      Please see the attached flyers for information and feel free to share the information.
      To register, please email or call me.

      Terri Kurtin
      Sustainable Technologies Group
      HARC