Resource on wind energy

  • Tom Gray
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2004
      >>> Lisa Ledwidge/IEER <ieer@...> 11/17/2004 2:20:48 PM >>>
      I'm writing to ask that you alert your network to a new wind related
      resource. The latest issue of the IEER newsletter, Science for Democratic
      Action (SDA), features an article and related items about wind energy.

      The article, "Cash Crop on the Wind Farm," assesses how wind speed
      forecasts, water conservation, reduction of natural gas price volatility,
      and reduction of carbon dioxide emissions might add up to enhance the value
      of wind energy. The article summarizes a report of the same name that was
      prepared by IEER and two statisticians from UC-Berkeley, and presented at
      the Western Governors' Association North American Energy Summit last April.

      The newsletter also includes related items, like a centerfold on Balancing
      the Energy System (pp 8-9) and a multiple choice quiz on definitions of
      terms used in the main article (back page). You can access the newsletter
      at http://www.ieer.org/sdafiles/12-4.pdf (and the report and presentation
      at http://www.ieer.org/reports/wind/cashcrop/ ).

      I am writing to ask if you would please alert your members, networks,
      colleagues, about this resource. Our goal is to get this information into
      the hands of people who are actively working on wind energy issues and
      might benefit from this resource and our analysis.

      Many thanks.

      Lisa

      Lisa Ledwidge
      Outreach Director, United States, and Editor of Science for Democratic Action
      Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (IEER)
      PO Box 6674 | Minneapolis, MN 55406 USA
      tel. 1-612-722-9700 | fax: please call
      first | ieer@... | http://www.ieer.org

      IEER's main office: 6935 Laurel Ave. Suite 201 | Takoma Park,
      MD 20912 USA | tel. 1-301-270-5500 | fax 1-301-270-3029