RE: [hreg] Wind Farms affect climate

  • Gary Beck
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004

      Wind farms blow,… not!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Steven Deterling [mailto:rocketman1@...]
      Sent:
      Thursday, November 04, 2004 7:06 PM
      To:
      hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] Wind Farms affect climate

      There's never a free ride:

      http://www.newscientist.com/news/
      news.jsp?id=ns99996608

      Care2 make the world greener!
      Support Care2 Email: 1,400 whales may be killed this year. Take action! http://www.care2.com/go/z/17954

    • kelly a. mckay
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 11, 2004
        To all-
        The Houston ISD Outdoor Education Center is putting
        together our annual conference on
        environmental/outdoor/experiential Education. We are
        trying to put together a diverse group of speakers on
        various topics including renewable energy,
        specifically solar energy. We are looking for
        speakers on solar power and ways to connect students
        with the basics of generation and hot issues in
        energy. Does anyone know of speakers or is anyone on
        this list serve interested in becoming part of this
        conference? If you know of anyone and could help me
        out that would be greatly appreciated or if you are
        interested in coming yourself we would love to have
        you up to Trinity, TX. I have attached a Call for
        Presenters as well as our flyer. I hope everyone is
        doing well.
        Sincerely,
        Kelly McKay
        HISD Outdoor Education Center

        =====
        'It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.'

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com
      • Steven Shepard
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2004
          I am scheduled once again to do a presentation for the San Antonio chapter
          of the AIA on Photovoltaic Power and Net-Metered Power Systems. This is the
          same presentation I gave at the Green Building Expo last month. It would be
          a pleasure to offer this information to your group. I went to school at A&M
          and my family is from Carthage which is in the East Texas area. I could
          combine a trip to Trinity with a trip back home. Please let me know if I
          can be of service.
          SBT Designs
          25581 IH-10 West
          San Antonio, Texas 78257