Increase in Texas' Renewable Portfolio Standard ...

  • Jim & Janet
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2004
      The Texas Energy Planning Councils Renewable Energy Sub-committee met the 25th in Austin and will meet again on Thursday. I cannot find the agenda for that meeting but aaction on a presentation, at their Sept. meeting, by Paul Parbor Texas Renewable Energy, http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/tepc/reports.html, may take place.
      The report recommends an increase of the states Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) to 5% by 2012 and 10% by 2020. This would be a huge blow to the RE industry and its advocates considering that the previous RPS of 3% by 2005 has been soundly exceeded well ahead of schedule. Those goals should be doubled at least, but the Council is heavily weighed down with petroleum industry members. http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/tepc/council.html
      Judging from their previous meetings minutes, the public is invited to attend. Anyone who can find the time should attend and, if allowed, speak out in protest of these modest goals.
      Jim Duncan

      Press Release