FREE Green Home Workshop

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2004
      As part of one of our funded programs, HARC is offering a free seminar
      concerning how to create a high performance, green home. The seminar
      will introduce the basics of what a green home is, how green homes are
      designed and built, and we will also discuss how to green an existing
      home. Some of the topics covered will be:

      • Integrated design
      • Building systems integration
      • Going beyond the Texas energy code and Energy Star
      • Water efficiency
      • Energy efficient appliances
      • Local green material choices (For inside and out)
      • Healthful living choices (improving indoor air quality) and
      • Local, state and national programs supporting the expansion of green
      building into main stream building practices.

      The attached flyer contains more information about how this free seminar
      could help inform designers, builders, homeowners and buyers in
      Southeast Texas.

      We would greatly appreciate it if you could pass these flyers on to
      others that may be interested .

      <<Green Homes 101.pdf>> <<flGreen Homes tri fold 041001.pdf>>
      <<uh_map_and_index final.pdf>>

      Regards,
      */Rich Haut/*//
      Richard C. Haut, Ph.D.
      Director, Sustainable Technologies Group
      Houston Advanced Research Center
      4800 Research Forest Drive
      The Woodlands, TX 77381
      rhaut@...