National Solar Tour - Houston Sites

  • Roxanne Boyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
      To all interested parties, we will tour solar homes for the next HREG meeting scheduled for Sunday, October 24th.  Right now, the plan is to meet at TSU at 2:00 (normal time), and then caravan/carpool to the different homes around Houston.  Mark your calendars now and look for more details to come.  This will be a unique opportinity to see solar installations in our area.  HREG is sponsoring this event as part of the American Solar Society's National Solar Homes Tour.  More information about the tour is posted on our WEB site, http://www.txses.org/hreg/.  Check it out!

    • Mike Ewert
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2004
        This is a big deal for HREG!  We have talked about it for a few years and now we are doing it!  I hope you will all come out and participate.  The national tour website is http://www.ases.org/ .  The kickoff day when most tours were held was Oct. 2, but it goes on for a couple of months.

        As Chris Boyer said, Houston's is Sunday Oct. 24th, either on your own or carpooling with the group.  Don' miss it!

        More sites added!  See our website for details: http://www.txses.org/hreg/tour.php

        Volunteers needed!
        If you have wanted to help HREG in the past, now's your chance.  We really need a lot of help to pull off this event for houston.  You can help before hand or on the day of the tour.  We need help with
        publicity,
        taking signs and handouts to the host sites,
        collecting the fee at the host sites on the day of the tour,
        photocopying.

        Please let me know if you are willing to do any of these.

        Thank you,

        Mike Ewert, HREG president
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2004
          Mike,

          As you say, HREG has been talking about doing something like this for a long time, so it's great that you have got us lined up to participate. Good job!

          Is anyone working up a press release? If not, I have a friend who works at the Chronicle who could help work one up and distribute it. I think he has a deal set up to send to all the local media outlets. Let me know if you want me to work on this.

          Also would probably be able to work on the day of the event doing whatever needs to be done. Any idea what the hours would be?

          Charlie