Vounteers needed for Roundup

  • Texas Solar Energy Society
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004

      BE A ROUNDUP VOLUNTEER

      It takes over 100 volunteers to orchestrate all the activity on the Market Square in Fredericksburg.  Please join the team.  Besides feeling good about it, you get a valuable package of benefits.

      For a 4-hour shift you get:

      • a 3-day pass worth $16
      • the Roundup ’04 organic tee-shirt worth $16
      • $5 worth of food tickets good at the Chuck Wagons on the grounds

      For any additional 4-hour shift you volunteer, you will get $5 more in food tickets.  These are good for the delicious natural foods being sold or for Fat Tire Ale and organic wines—after your shift!

      There are many types of volunteer positions needed, from selling tickets at the front gate to helping kids with renewable energy projects.  You can monitor the speaker tents, check in exhibitors or sell Roundup souvenirs.  We need it all.

      Please sign up on-line so you get into our database: http://www.theroundup.org/volunteer.html.

      Our volunteer Trail Boss, Cindy Berry, will then be in touch with you to schedule your specific spot.

      If you were going to come anyway, why not volunteer to help?  We sure could use you!

      Kathryn Houser, Executive Director
      Texas Solar Energy Society
      PO Box 1447
      Austin, TX  78767-1447
      512-326-3391 OR 800-465-5049
    • Mike Ewert
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1 5:42 AM
        Also, if you could help distribute posters and/or flyers in your part of Houston, please let me know (mewert@...). We need to get the word out about Roundup!

        Being Christian is not going from bad to good, but from death to life.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1 9:17 AM
          Hi Mike:

          Did you ever hear back from Greg on the USGBC+HREG joint effort for the
          solar tour? I have not. Guess it is a busy time for everyone. Also,
          I see that the Nursing school is going to be on one of the Texas Society
          of Architects tour $25 fee for the visit Oct 21. Also, did you hear
          that Rives Taylor is no longer with UTH?

          I can take come flyers to the local Whole Food store on the round up if
          you'd like. I am afraid I have been too busy with stuff to do much on
          the solar tour.

          Thanks,
          Lunce
        • Lunce
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1 9:24 AM
            Apologise to All, that email was supposed to go to Mike, not the whole
            group.

            Have a Wonderful day!
            Lunce