The Hydrogen Challenge to Arab Oil

  • rob_chuah
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2004
    • Roxanne Boyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2004
        Here's some facts for you to ponder.
        1) Last year, photovoltaic manufacturing capacity decreased in the US by 13%.  It increased in Europe and Japan by about 40% (1).
        2) The US is going to spend (in debt) about $166 Billion in Iraq this year to secure oil supplies for another 10 to 20  years (2) - which is probably wasted money and lives.
        3) The DOE is only going to spend ~$0.12 Billion (a thousand times less than on Iraq) per year on solar photovoltaic research and development - a technology which could sustain the nation's energy suppy indeffinitely (3).

        America is a democracy. This means if you work hard to make the government work for you, then it will.  If you sit back and let someone else do government - you will work for them.

        Sources:
        (1) Renewable Energy World, Volume 7, number 4, 2004.
        (2) DOE - Solar Plan 2003 (Publication available on DOE Web site)

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2004
          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Boyer" <rox1@a...> wrote:
          > > America is a democracy. This means if you work hard to make the
          government work for you, then it will. If you sit back and let
          someone else do government - you will work for them.

          I hate to have to admit it, but America is not a democracy.
          There are more flattering labels, but I prefer to call it an "piracy"
          plutocracy. If you and I were corporations then we might have rights
          equal to the corporations who own our gov, but there would still be
          that little problem of how much money we could spend to buy a
          congressman.

          Randy