Golden Days: Stories for a Hopeful Future

  • myth@thegloaming.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      Hello,

      I wanted to notify HREG about this unique storytelling and community event.
      It will present stories of a hopeful future and will give time to
      organziations such as HREG that are improving the quality of life in the
      Houston area. Likewise, if someone from the group would like to man a
      table and bring some promotional material, that would be great as well.
      I've included a press release about the event as well, if you'd like to
      forward it on to anyone else who might be interested. If you have any
      questions, feel free to contact me.

      Thanks,

      Brian Herod
      713-480-6303
      myth@...

      Storytellers are creating stories of a hopeful future. In Golden Days:
      Stories for a Hopeful Future, local storytellers will present stories that
      inspire, excite, and give hope for the future. This event features the
      storytelling talents of Brent Babino, Alice Evergreen, Brian Herod, and
      Sheila Phillips. Held at the Taft Street Coffee House (2115 Taft St), this
      Aug. 7th event also brings together Houston organizations that are taking
      steps to restore and protect our natural world. Organizations such as
      Blackwood Land Institute teaches Houston-area middle school students the
      principles of permaculture. Participating organizations include:
      Body Choir Houston
      Blackwood Land Institute
      Central City Co-op
      The Harvest – a Waldorf School
      Houston Storytellers Guild
      PROUT Houston
      Ten Thousand Villages
      Texans for Alternatives to Pesticides
      Urban Harvest
      Waldorf Education for Houston
      Women Innovating for Social Change
      and many others.

      This event gives audience an opportunity to meet with representatives of
      these organizations to discover more about how these groups are changing
      Houston for the better. Afterward, participants will hear stories of
      restoration and recovery. Families are welcome for the first hour and
      grown-ups and children who can listen like grownups for the second hour.

      People interested in purchasing tickets for this event can call
      713-480-6303 or email myth@... or go online at
      www.thegloaming.net/golden.html. Ticket prices are $10 for adults, $5 for
      children younger than 13, and $7 per person for groups of 5 or more.

      6-7pm Meet with Houston area organizations that are changing Houston for
      the better
      7-8 pm Stories for the whole family
      8-9 pm Stories for grown-ups and children who can listen like grown ups.