Independent Energy Quarterly - Summer

  • Info at NWSEED by way of Tom Gray
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2004
      For text browsers, please link to the Independent Energy Quarterly @
      http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp

      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp>
      STRENGTHENING THE RURAL ECONOMY | WWW.NWSEED.ORG
      <http://www.nwseed.org/>
      Summer 2004 : Version 2, Issue 2

      Celebrating Energy Independence & Cooperatives
      As we announced in January, 2004 is Northwest SEED's Year of Energy
      Independence. In this edition we mark the summer season of the year with
      our Co-op Edition of the IEQ. Regional communities are working together
      to make investments in energy independence through "the power of
      cooperation," in ways that all Americans can celebrate.

      Independent Energy Quarterly
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/default.asp> is
      published by Northwest Sustainable Energy for Economic Development
      (Northwest SEED) on a quarterly basis and available in electronic
      format.

      Visit the Independent Energy Quarterly Newsletter
      On-line <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp> or
      in PDF Format
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.pdf.pdf> (Need
      Acrobat Reader? <http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html> )

      Liberty & Wind Power For All
      Rethinking Wind Power and Energy Use in Montana

      The Liberty County Commissioners didn't just stumble across the idea of
      putting up a small wind turbine. It swept them off their feet. Wind in
      the Hi-Line region of Montana is a constant presence and has long been a
      nemesis to many. Turning wind power into a community asset has changed
      this rural community in more ways than one. And Liberty County's
      relationship with renewable energy is just getting started...

      click to continue
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp#one>

      Northwest Co-ops and the Power of Cooperation
      by Doug Boleyn, Northwest SEED Board Member

      Throughout history, groups of dispersed individuals such as farmers,
      ranchers, and artisans have formed cooperative groups to strengthen
      either their purchasing power or marketing power for their products - or
      both - to be viable in the marketplace and ensure their livelihood.

      The Northwest Solar Cooperative, operated by Cascade Solar Consulting,
      and Our Wind Co-op, organized by Northwest SEED and its partners, are
      forging ahead with a new type of cooperative. These cooperatives link
      together individuals and small renewable energy systems to produce
      clean, renewable energy "by and for the people" of the Northwest, and
      are defining the phrase "the power of cooperation."

      click to continue
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp#two>

      For Washington's Low-Income Families,
      a Breath of Fresh Air
      by Sarah Peterson

      With the growing wind energy industry poised to provide significant
      amounts of new, low-cost, sustainable energy for the Northwest, an A
      W.I.S.H <http://www.awish.net/> partnership including NWSEED is
      undertaking a new initiative to bring clean renewable energy to
      households in need while also increasing the effectiveness of low income
      energy assistance programs.

      click to continue
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp#three>

      Our Wind Co-op: A Closer Look at the Numbers
      In this section we take a look at the past year of energy production
      from the first 5 turbines installed in the small turbine cooperative
      organized and assisted by Northwest SEED.

      review new maps, graphs, photos and more...
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp#four>

      Northwest SEED News and Updates
      Seattle City Light and BEF Fund Our Wind Co-op

      In January 2004 Northwest SEED staff met with representatives of Seattle
      City Light and Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF) to celebrate
      the recent collaboration between the three organizations. SCL's Green
      Power program purchased Green Tags from the Bonneville Environmental
      Foundation to help NWSEED install several of Our Wind Co-op's Washington
      small wind turbines. SCL's purchase of the BEF Green Tags provided
      $20,000 for NWSEED to support this effort.

      click to continue
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp#five>

      2003 Year in Review Now Available

      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/YIR2003.pdf> NWSEED's most
      recent publication is our first Year in Review, released and published
      in early April of 2004. In addition to a recap of the organization's
      main program area accomplishments, the publication reviews fund support
      for 2003 and recognizes our many foundation supporters, partners,
      donors, and in-kind contributors.

      Click Here to Read It <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/YIR2003.pdf>

      An E-Newsletter from Northwest Sustainable Energy for Economic
      Development (SEED)
      Northwest SEED is a 501 (c) (3) non profit. Donations are tax-exempt.

      To Unsubscribe Click Here
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/default.asp>
      For text browsers, please link to the Independent Energy Quarterly @
      http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp
      <http://www.nwseed.org/publications/newsletter/v2_i2_04.asp>
    • Steven Shepard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2004
        I'll be in Houston most of this weekend for a wedding. Let me know if any
        of you guys would like to meet for coffee to cuss and discuss renewable
        energy. Mobile number 210-872-4615.

        Cheers!
        Steve Shepard

        Our new address is: