Re: [hreg] Women's PV Installation Workshop

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 9 11:39 AM
      While I can understand that there are people who do not know one end of a
      screwdriver from another, I have met a great number of men in this
      category, not just women. Why the sexual bias? Why not offer the course
      for the inexperienced tool user or as a super basic course that starts at
      the beginning? Are men that did not grow up using tools not to be included?

      I personally have found that since courses have started being offered for
      'women', that we are not as welcome in some of the regular classes, as we
      used to be. The one day seminars offered by Lowes and Home Depot are good
      examples of this. For those of us that are very experienced with tools
      etc., this is frustrating. I have no desire to be stuck in a beginners
      class because I am female.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

    • Andrew McCalla
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 9 1:12 PM
        Kim,

        There seems to be a market for an environment that, through exclusively
        female participation, provides for an easier dissolution of inhibitions
        surrounding certain technologies.

        These environments are optional ones, so your desire to not be stuck
        into one of someone else's choosing will be honored, regardless of your
        gender.

        Andrew McCalla
        Meridian Energy Systems
        2300 S. Lamar, Ste. 107