FW: Solar electric Power Systems Workshop

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2004

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Update_Imagine Solar [mailto:Update@...]
      Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 4:42 PM
      To: HREG
      Subject: Solar electric Power Systems Workshop

      Greetings!

      We are pleased to announce the Solar Electric Power Systems Workshop.

      The workshop is developed and presented by Conservation Services Group Services (CSGS) and Imagine Solar Int'l.

      Following is a brief description of the workshop:

      Solar Electric Power Systems Workshop (NABCEP-based)

      Choose All Three-days To Start Your Training to Be Solar Professionals Or

      Choose Only the First Day for Solar Project Decision-Makers

      Sponsored By: Texas State Energy Conservation Office (SECO) and Austin Energy

      Developed and Presented By: CSGS and Imagine Solar Int’l

      Workshop Description:

      Day 1 - “Imagine Solar – Dynamics & Decisions”

      Learn a decision process for choosing, scoping, and justifying a solar project.  Also, learn about the dynamics of the world market, the history and future of the technology, and solar incentives including the new Austin solar rebates.

      Day 2 - “Solar Electricity Basics and Design”

      Learn the codes and standards that govern solar electric systems. Conduct hands-on testing of all system components; understand wire sizing, shading, roof mounting requirements, and general safety issues.

      Day 3 - “Designing and Installing a Solar Electric System”

      Design and build a grid-connected full-scale solar electric system using practical and code compliant procedures.

      Who should attend?

       All 3-Days: Solar Professional Version:

           Candidates for NABCEP Certification

           General Contractors & Installers

           Electricians & Inspectors

           Other Professionals Interested in the Solar Business

      First-Day Only: Solar Project Decision-Maker Version:

           Homeowners Planning a Solar Project

           Business Owners Planning a Solar Project

           Facility Managers

           Architects & Designers

           Home Builders

           Real Estate Professionals

           Financiers and Investors

           Solar Advocates & Policy Makers

      When:

      June 27-29, 2004

      Times:

      Sunday: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM;

      Monday & Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM

      Cost:

      First-Day-Only: Solar Project Decision-Maker Version $50

      All 3-Days:       Solar Professional Version $250

      Space is limited - register now and we will send you a pre-workshop exercise to prepare you. Your place is reserved after we receive your payment.

      Download registration form at:

      Austin Energy

      http://www.austinenergy.com/Energy%20Efficiency/Programs/Rebates/Solar%20Rebates/index.htm

      Or

      Texas State Energy Conservation Office

      http://www.seco.cpa.state.tx.us/re_renewables.htm

      Make checks payable to:

      CSG Services

      Mail check and completed registration form to:

      Jane Pulaski, Interstate Renewable Energy Council

      5603 Mapleleaf Drive, Austin, Texas  78723

      jpulaski@..., 512.926.8472

    • noyes livingston
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2004
        where is the course offered? austin I assume.
        I have about $1000 to do do something...
        I have a 2000 sq ft home and want to start learning by
        doing even if it is a small starter system..

        noyes

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/