Re: [hreg] BioDiesel and other fuels...what are you using?

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2004
      I actually like biofuels. A great web site for biofuels is
      www.journetoforever.org where they discuss all types of biofuels, not just
      biodiesel.

      Some cities and towns are using methane digesters to process the solid
      waste, creating a gas that is easy to run vehicles on, the further
      processing the waste with yard waste to make quality compost. A definite
      win/win situation.

      Some school districts have begun recycling the oil from their kitchens into
      biodeisel and running the school busses on it. The methanol that is used
      can be recaptured to be used again. The glycerine can either be composted
      or purrified to be added to soaps.

      To me the beauty of biofuels is that it does not require a bunch of new
      crops grown specifically for it, but that it can clean up the waste
      problems that we have, while giving us clean, renewable energy.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

    • Amanda Tullos
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2004
        You might check into this place. I haven't talked with them; but I figure
        Texas City isn't too far to go. Also, I think you can store Biodiesel on
        your property (lasts up to 6 months) without need for a license.

        Green Fuels, Inc.
        (409) 948-1704
        410 21st Street, South
        Texas City, TX 77590
        Public/limited times, call ahead for arrangements

        I ended up getting a hybrid, so I never finished researching the biosdiesel
        option. I do get a $2,000 tax deduction this year for owning a hybrid, which
        I am very happy about!

        Amanda Tullos
        atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

        Monday, May 19, 2003
        http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/122382_suv19.html

        Karl Bernard

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---
      • Mike Ewert
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2004
          Until pure electric gets better, hybrid does seem to me to be the best
          option.
          See http://www.fueleconomy.gov

          Monday, May 19, 2003