The Hydrogen News #4
This week has again provided a nice crop of new developments in the hydrogen field. It is true that many are just accounts of which companies are getting how much of the 350 million dollar government funding, but better than nothing I guess.
The Hydrogen News
(1) Hydrogen powers silent scooter
(2) Can Gasoline Jump-Start Hydrogen?
Researchers say a gizmo called a reformer can extract the clean fuel from good old unleaded
and give fuel-cell cars double the mileage
Editor's Note: In the above story the information source has apparently gone into a lot more accurate detail with regard to the hydrogen produced from the steam in a reformer. They note that such a reformer fueled car could get twice the mileage due to the extra boost given by the hydrogen from the steam. Sounds familiar somehow.....
(3) PNNL gets $15M for hydrogen study
RICHLAND (AP) -- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory will receive as much as $15 million by
the U.S. Department of Energy to research hydrogen storage.
(4) Hydrogen Car is a Mighty Smooth Ride
(5) Scientists Blast Bush's Hydrogen proposals
(6) Hydrogen fuel prepares to play a bigger role
Enthusiastic backers grapple with creating systems to make it work in the real world.
(7) H2Gen Onsite Hydrogen Generator Announcement
(8) Ethanol Yields Hydrogen
(9) 'Dr. Hydrogen' backs out of deal
(10) Sandia Develops New Polymer Electrolyte For Fuel Cells
(11) Diamondoids Can Be Refined From Crude Oil
(12) DARPA Pursuing A Mobile Energy Recovery System For The Battlefield
(13) Laser Facility Captures Molecules in Action
(Disassociation of molecules with laser light.) ED
(14) Indian Scientist; Breakthrough in Low Voltage Electrolysis
(15) Penn State researchers turn coal into jet fuel