Re: [hreg] KRBE Earth Day Festival

  • Steven Shepard
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29 6:22 AM
      Let me know if you need help.

      Our new address is:
      SBT Designs
      25581 IH-10 West
      San Antonio, Texas 78257
      210-698-7109
      FAX: 210-698-7147
      www.sbtdesigns.com
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 7:22 AM
      Subject: Re: [hreg] KRBE Earth Day Festival

      In a message dated 4/28/04 11:12:20 PM Central Daylight Time, mewert@... writes:

      I thought KRBE radio station was not having an Earth Day Festival this year
      because we had not heard anything and it was not mentioned on their website
      in March.  But, I just heard an ad for it and found out that it is planned
      for Saturday, May 29, 2004 from 11 a.m. - 8.p.m. at Reliant Park Festival
      Plaza.  Charlie, have you gotten any mail about it?

      I guess the best way to decide if HREG should participate or not (assuming
      we are invited), is to see how many volunteers we have to staff a booth.
      Please let me know if you would be wiling to work a 3 hour shift.
      mewert@...
      Thank you.

      Yes, we did get an invitation to this event. I received it on April 6th and sent out an email the same day (copied below). Had no response from anyone so assumed there was no interest. It must have gotten lost in with all the spam and junk email that we all receive. I have a long list of email every morning and the first thing I do is go through and delete about half of it - probably lose some stuff I really want to read but there is so much you have to reduce it down some way. Anyway, here it is again.
      Charlie
      ____________________

      Subj: 104 KRBE Earth Day
      Date: 4/6/04 2:29:27 PM Central Daylight Time
      From: ChasMauch
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com

      Just received some data from KRBE regarding their earth day event, as follows:

      This year it will be in Reliant Park on Saturday, May 29, 2004, times TBA. (This is long after we normally expect ED to happen, but whatever).

      No entry charge for non-profits. They will provide a 10' x 10' space including tent, table, and two chairs at no cost.

      Booths will be judged based on representation of theme, relevance of message, creativity of visual display, and level of interaction/activity with the public, with prizes as follows:

      ...1st place = $500
      ...2nd place = $250
      ...3rd place = $150

      NOTE: But last year they were late in announcing winners and finally gave a prize to all entries - I think it was $150 each (or was it $250?)

      There is an entry form that must be submitted by May 3, 2004. Do we want to enter this?

      Charlie Mauch