Car that produces H2 on board to fuel itself

  • Mike Johnston
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
      Hi,
      No, it isn't what you think. It is an on board steam reformer that cracks gasoline. Still interesting though.
      Link: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/story/5017586p-4945982c.html
      MJ
    • Randy Scott
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
        I wonder how many miles-per-gallon it gets after turning gasoline
        into hydrogen, then into electricity.

        Randy

        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Johnston" <enki@c...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > No, it isn't what you think. It is an on board steam reformer
        that cracks gasoline. Still interesting though.
        > Link: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/story/5017586p-
        4945982c.html
        > MJ
      • Paul Archer
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
          The last line of the article said that it should be about twice as efficient
          as a regular internal combustion engine.
          What they didn't mention is how much polution is released during the
          reformation process...

          7:51pm, Randy Scott wrote:

          > I wonder how many miles-per-gallon it gets after turning gasoline
          > into hydrogen, then into electricity.
          >
          > Randy
          >

          > --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Johnston" <enki@c...> wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > > No, it isn't what you think. It is an on board steam reformer
          > that cracks gasoline. Still interesting though.
          > > Link: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/story/5017586p-
          > 4945982c.html
          > > MJ
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Chorus of young girls: "We're the Department
          Of Youth, and we've got the power."
          Alice Cooper: "And who gave it to you?"
          Chorus of young girls: "Donnie Osmond!"
          Alice Cooper: "What?!?"