HREG Meeting 7/30/00 - Preliminary Agenda

  • jclem412@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2000
      HREG,

      I have been out of town for two weeks, so this announcement may be a little
      late. I wish to propose the agenda for the Sunday July 30 meeting at 2pm at
      TSU (the usual time and place). I do not foresee having a special guest, for
      we have a busy time these coming weeks preparing for the Renewable Energy
      Roundup and Sustainability Fair in September.

      I did think about renewable energy and such things while in Ohio last week.
      Oberlin College is now occupying its latest addition to its fine campus - the
      Lewis Environmental Learning Center, an ecological, super energy efficient,
      waste water recycling, soon to be 64KW+ PV powered classroom building. I
      visited the building, took lots of pictures, and talked with a Brad Masi
      about its eco-friendly design. I will highlight the building (and its
      goals) in our first issue of RE News, which I am now drafting. [I want
      Houston to have such an architectural treasure.]

      I will provide a draft of the RE News before the next meeting, wherein we can
      discuss a final format and/or new content. Now, the format includes a
      feature article, news, book review, calendar, business card ads, links, and
      contact info.

      The following is a preliminary agenda. Comments and inputs welcomed.

      *****
      News Update (example, what is Oral Lafleur planning to do?)
      "RE News" Review and Discussion (the first issue of our newsletter)
      Roundup Activities and Planning (including Houston fundraising status)
      Jonathan's Electric Bike (new and gets him to work nicely!)
      Website Update (maybe some help from Andy Ewert)
      Future Guest Speakers (brainstorm, strategize, and map out)
      Meeting Location (consider alternatives)

      *****
      Thanks. An agenda update will be provided if deemed necessary. Mike
      included some good directions to TSU in the May meeting's announcement e-mail
      (available on egroups). See you.

      Jonathan A. Clemens
      (281) 335-1155 home
      (281) 333-1730 office
    • Ryan McMullan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2000
                 While not quite as comprehensive in some ways, Houston will soon have it's own sustainable design marvel in the UT Health Science Center's new Nursing School.  There's some information on the web at:
        http://www.uth.tmc.edu/ut_general/admin_fin/ss/pecom/nbs/nsbs.html
        It will include many passive and active solar elements, such as PV's and light shelves.  George Bandy <George.C.Bandy@...>  is probably a good first contact for the project.

        Ryan McMullan
        Rice University

        At 10:47 PM 7/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
[...]

        Free, Unlimited Calls Anywhere!
        Visit Firetalk.com - click below.
        http://click.egroups.com/1/5479/1/_/58590/_/963283670/
      • Singh, Baldeo
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2000
          Jonathan:

          Missed you at our last Sierra Club meeting.

          I would like to introduce to you Jennifer Chuong (e-mail address
          flutia@...) who attended our last meeting. She is a student at Bellaire
          High school. She is interested in energy efficient housing / solar energy /
          wind energy, and would benefit from inclusion in HREG group. Please help
          her.

          Regards,

          Baldeo