AIA COTE 2003 Top Ten Green Building Projects Exhibit

  • Amanda Tullos
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2004
      Mr. Stillman, I will be more than happy to contact you (or anyone else for
      that matter with that info)!

      GREEN BUILDING HAPPENINGS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

      This month is AIA Houston COTE
      in collaboration with Pella Windows and m Architects
      invite you to the opening reception
      of the 2003 Top Ten National Projects Exhibition
      Selected by the National COTE
      To be held on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 5:30pm -7pm
      At m Architects 1206 Nance Street, Houston, TX 77002
      The Exhibition will run through Friday, April 30, 2004 and is Open to the
      Public during business hours: Monday through Friday 9am-12noon and 1pm-4pm.
      Parking is available on the street or adjacent lot. For more information
      please call 713-227-0070

      The Dana Easley lecture on Cultivating Green is Thursday April 15th at the
      Houston American Institute of Architects Offices- 3000 Richmond suite 500.
      (Please be advised the AIA Continuing Education events are usually $40.00
      for non-members)

      Also coming up in May the USGBC GHAC Education Committee is having a panel
      discussion on Energy and LEED
      and in June I am putting together a Panel discussion on Green Building
      Materials and Specs. We are looking for sponsors right now, so this series
      will be very affordable if not free. I will send to schedule as soon as we
      have a flyer.

      Amanda Tullos, LEED AP
      Heights Venture Architects, LLP
      1111 North Loop West, Suite 800
      Houston, TX 77008
      713.869.1130 x169
      amanda.tullos@... <mailto:amanda.tullos@...>

      atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

      Amanda Tullos
      h 713.779.2247
      c 281.384.3756
      atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

      From: "Amanda Tullos" <atullos@h...>
      Date: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:32 pm

      On the subject of green building efforts in Houston; Dana Easley of
      HARC
      will be giving a lecture at the AIA office on April 15th from 4pm
      until 6pm.
      The topic is HARC's Cultivating Green program. Here is the
      description...

      Green Tool Box: Cultivate Green a Houston Green Housing Program
      Dana Easley will be discussing Houston Advanced Research Center's
      (HARC)
      Cultivate Green Program. The goal of the program is to "establish
      high
      performance, energy resourceful, environmentally sound, disaster-
      resistant,
      buildings and sustainable landscape as a voluntary regional
      residential home
      construction standard." Dana will discuss implementation of this
      program in
      the Houston area and why it is important; as well as, the challenges
      of
      working within local context.

      For more info go to the Houston AIA website at
      http://www.aiahoutx.org/events.cfm

      There are other green building educational lectures, etc. going on in
      Houston through AIA COTE and USGBC Education Committee. I am a
      member of
      these committees and would be happy to post happenings to the group.
      If
      anyone is interested, let me know and I will keep the group posted.

      Amanda Tullos

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      ---
      Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.