RE: [hreg] Green Building and Houston Environmental Center

  • cleanaws
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 3:40 PM
      Ms. Tullos,

      My name is Charles Stillman and I'm member of the Houston Renewable
      Energy Group, where I saw you had posted the message that follows
      below. I work at a non-profit environmental organization called the
      Citizens' League for Environmental Action Now (CLEAN). We are
      heading up a low-income environmentally-friendly housing project.
      We have partnered with the Federation of American Scientists (FAS),
      a nonprofit organization based in Washington DC, and together we
      working with the City of Houston. The project is in its beginning
      stages but we are dedicated and moving fast. You mentioned that
      you were a member of both the AIA COTE and USGBC Education Committee
      and these organizations were sponsoring other lectures in Houston.
      Could you let me know where to look for these events? That would be
      a great help. And if you are interested in learning more about our
      particular project (there's simply too much to write here), please
      don't hesitate to call me at: (713) 524-3000. I'll be out of the
      office tomorrow, Friday April 9th. But I'll be in the office
      Monday. Thanks for your help.

      -Charles

      ----------
      Citizens' League for Environmental Action Now
      5120 Woodway, Suite 9004
      Houston, TX 77056
      Phone: (713) 524-3000
      Fax: (713) 960-1810
      www.cleanairwatersoil.org

      -------------------------------
      From: "Amanda Tullos" <atullos@h...>
      Date: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:32 pm
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Green Building and Houston Environmental Center

      On the subject of green building efforts in Houston; Dana Easley of
      HARC
      will be giving a lecture at the AIA office on April 15th from 4pm
      until 6pm.
      The topic is HARC's Cultivating Green program. Here is the
      description...

      Green Tool Box: Cultivate Green a Houston Green Housing Program
      Dana Easley will be discussing Houston Advanced Research Center's
      (HARC)
      Cultivate Green Program. The goal of the program is to "establish
      high
      performance, energy resourceful, environmentally sound, disaster-
      resistant,
      buildings and sustainable landscape as a voluntary regional
      residential home
      construction standard." Dana will discuss implementation of this
      program in
      the Houston area and why it is important; as well as, the challenges
      of
      working within local context.

      For more info go to the Houston AIA website at
      http://www.aiahoutx.org/events.cfm

      There are other green building educational lectures, etc. going on in
      Houston through AIA COTE and USGBC Education Committee. I am a
      member of
      these committees and would be happy to post happenings to the group.
      If
      anyone is interested, let me know and I will keep the group posted.

      Amanda Tullos
    • Amanda Tullos
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9 6:32 AM
        Mr. Stillman, I will be more than happy to contact you (or anyone else for
        that matter with that info)!

        GREEN BUILDING HAPPENINGS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

        This month is AIA Houston COTE
        in collaboration with Pella Windows and m Architects
        invite you to the opening reception
        of the 2003 Top Ten National Projects Exhibition
        Selected by the National COTE
        To be held on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 5:30pm -7pm
        At m Architects 1206 Nance Street, Houston, TX 77002
        The Exhibition will run through Friday, April 30, 2004 and is Open to the
        Public during business hours: Monday through Friday 9am-12noon and 1pm-4pm.
        Parking is available on the street or adjacent lot. For more information
        please call 713-227-0070

        The Dana Easley lecture on Cultivating Green is Thursday April 15th at the
        Houston American Institute of Architects Offices- 3000 Richmond suite 500.
        (Please be advised the AIA Continuing Education events are usually $40.00
        for non-members)

        Also coming up in May the USGBC GHAC Education Committee is having a panel
        discussion on Energy and LEED
        and in June I am putting together a Panel discussion on Green Building
        Materials and Specs. We are looking for sponsors right now, so this series
        will be very affordable if not free. I will send to schedule as soon as we
        have a flyer.

        Amanda Tullos, LEED AP
        Heights Venture Architects, LLP
        1111 North Loop West, Suite 800

[...]