RE: [hreg] Green Building and Houston Environmental Center

  • Amanda Tullos
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2004
      On the subject of green building efforts in Houston; Dana Easley of HARC
      will be giving a lecture at the AIA office on April 15th from 4pm until 6pm.
      The topic is HARC's Cultivating Green program. Here is the description...

      Green Tool Box: Cultivate Green a Houston Green Housing Program
      Dana Easley will be discussing Houston Advanced Research Center's (HARC)
      Cultivate Green Program. The goal of the program is to "establish high
      performance, energy resourceful, environmentally sound, disaster-resistant,
      buildings and sustainable landscape as a voluntary regional residential home
      construction standard." Dana will discuss implementation of this program in
      the Houston area and why it is important; as well as, the challenges of
      working within local context.

      For more info go to the Houston AIA website at
      http://www.aiahoutx.org/events.cfm

      There are other green building educational lectures, etc. going on in
      Houston through AIA COTE and USGBC Education Committee. I am a member of
      these committees and would be happy to post happenings to the group. If
      anyone is interested, let me know and I will keep the group posted.

      Amanda Tullos
      atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>