Re: [hreg] Green Building and Houston Environmental Center

  • noyes livingston
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2004
      my name is noyes livingston
      and i am hoping to use about $2500 to
      start a small scale solar project in
      my home. i have an interest in RE
      and am hoping to learn more, become
      involved and do something.....action.
      of course i need help\!

      noyes

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • Amanda Tullos
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2004
        On the subject of green building efforts in Houston; Dana Easley of HARC
        will be giving a lecture at the AIA office on April 15th from 4pm until 6pm.
        The topic is HARC's Cultivating Green program. Here is the description...

        Green Tool Box: Cultivate Green a Houston Green Housing Program
        Dana Easley will be discussing Houston Advanced Research Center's (HARC)
        Cultivate Green Program. The goal of the program is to "establish high
        performance, energy resourceful, environmentally sound, disaster-resistant,
        buildings and sustainable landscape as a voluntary regional residential home
        construction standard." Dana will discuss implementation of this program in
        the Houston area and why it is important; as well as, the challenges of
        working within local context.

        For more info go to the Houston AIA website at
        http://www.aiahoutx.org/events.cfm

        There are other green building educational lectures, etc. going on in
        Houston through AIA COTE and USGBC Education Committee. I am a member of
        these committees and would be happy to post happenings to the group. If
        anyone is interested, let me know and I will keep the group posted.

        Amanda Tullos
        atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>