Green Building and Houston Environmental Center

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2004
      While I think HREG is a long way from leasing office space, I wanted to keep
      our group aware of these efforts by the Citizen's Environment Coalition to
      build a model green building in Midtown.

      There is also a separate effort lead by Houston Advanced Research Center to
      organize a residential green building movement in Houston.

      If anyone would like to be involved in either of these efforts, let me know
      and I will provide you information.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2004
        my name is noyes livingston
        and i am hoping to use about $2500 to
        start a small scale solar project in
        my home. i have an interest in RE
        and am hoping to learn more, become
        involved and do something.....action.
        of course i need help\!

        noyes

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
      • Amanda Tullos
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2004
          On the subject of green building efforts in Houston; Dana Easley of HARC
          will be giving a lecture at the AIA office on April 15th from 4pm until 6pm.
          The topic is HARC's Cultivating Green program. Here is the description...

          Green Tool Box: Cultivate Green a Houston Green Housing Program
          Dana Easley will be discussing Houston Advanced Research Center's (HARC)
          Cultivate Green Program. The goal of the program is to "establish high
          performance, energy resourceful, environmentally sound, disaster-resistant,
          buildings and sustainable landscape as a voluntary regional residential home
          construction standard." Dana will discuss implementation of this program in
          the Houston area and why it is important; as well as, the challenges of
          working within local context.

          For more info go to the Houston AIA website at
          http://www.aiahoutx.org/events.cfm

          There are other green building educational lectures, etc. going on in
          Houston through AIA COTE and USGBC Education Committee. I am a member of
          these committees and would be happy to post happenings to the group. If
          anyone is interested, let me know and I will keep the group posted.

          Amanda Tullos
          atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

          David Gresham, Executive Director
          Citizens' Environmental Coalition