Re: I'm mad as hell

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 7, 2004
      Just exactly WHO are the people who make up the electoral college?
      Are they elected officials?
      Are they Senators?
      Can they be impeached?

      Randy Scott

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Janet" <jhd1@e...> wrote:
      > Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US.
      The
      > Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of
      the
      > people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
      demanding
      > in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the
      votes
      > than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi
      majority
      > leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
      > The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully
      stood up to
      > the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has
      been on
      > the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
      > Jim Duncan
      > ********
      > There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
      > and that is an idea whose time has come.
      > Victor Hugo

    • Randy Scott
      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 7, 2004
        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Amanda Tullos" <atullos@h...> wrote:

        > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I
        can't wait
        > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to
        mention all
        > the gas money I'll save)
        > > Amanda Tullos
        > h 713.779.2247
        > c 281.384.3756
        > atullos@h... <mailto:atullos@h...>

        Congratulations on that new car. I was seriously shopping around for
        one of them - before I lost my job.

        Randy
      • John Miggins
        Message 3 of 30 , Feb 8, 2004
          Congratulations on the hybrid Amanda, what made you choose the Honda over
          the Toyota?

          We are shopping for one and waiting for one that has a little more space
          like a CRV, but I was curious as to why you choose the

          Honda over the Toyota.

          thanks and good choice.
          I am glad the $2000 deductions is still available.

          John Miggins
          Harvest Solar and Wind Power
          1571 East 22 Place
          Tulsa, OK 74114
          918-743-2299 phone/fax
          918-809-7223 cell

          http://www.harvest-energy.com
          > I wish we could vote for "None of the above," sometimes I don't like any
          of
          > the candidates.
          >
          > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I can't
          wait
          > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to mention all
          > the gas money I'll save)
          >
          > P.S. Bush lied.
          >
          > Amanda Tullos
          > h 713.779.2247
          > c 281.384.3756
          > atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

        • Michael Christie
          Message 4 of 30 , Feb 9, 2004
            The electors are appointed by each party. Only the winning parties electors,
            in each state, will vote in the electoral college. They tend to be party
            regulars, campaign contributors or people who have worked on elections, and
            the like, but there is no real litmus test other than party loyalty. You
            could become an elector yourself. Go talk to your party. They cannot be
            impeached, and each electors vote is final, and cannot be appealed. The
            elector is not legally bound to vote for the candidate that they have been
            elected to vote for, and there have been defections in the past, but very
            few.

            The electoral college is, in my opinion, an archaic institute that was never
            intended to be permanent and should be abolished. Unfortunately, it will
            take a constitutional ammendment. This is an excellent subject to speak to
            your congressman about.

            Michael Christie

            Just exactly WHO are the people who make up the electoral college?
            Are they elected officials?
            Are they Senators?
            Can they be impeached?

            Randy Scott

            --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Janet" <jhd1@e...> wrote:
            > Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US.
            The
            > Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of
            the
            > people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
            demanding
            > in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the
            votes
            > than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi
            majority
            > leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
            > The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully
            stood up to
            > the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has
            been on
            > the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
            > Jim Duncan
            > ********
            > There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
            > and that is an idea whose time has come.
            > Victor Hugo

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Amanda Tullos
            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 9, 2004
              I chose the Honda because of price and 3.9% financing. Also, my husband
              recommended we NOT buy the Toyota because it is the first year after a major
              "redesign" (which could mean unforeseen problems).

              I test drove several cars, including the Diesel turbo beetle and a 2001
              Toyota Prius. (I was hoping to possibly use bio-diesel from a local
              supplier, but I never finished the research)

              The new Prius is more expensive because it is "Car of the year" and there is
              also wait. So, I went to Gillman Honda-- they had 2 hybrids, a 2003 and a
              2004. I bought the 2004. I used the AAA website as a go-by to make sure I
              was getting a good deal- you can get fleet pricing if you are a member.

              Amanda Tullos
              h 713.779.2247
              c 281.384.3756
              atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

              > I wish we could vote for "None of the above," sometimes I don't like any
              of
              > the candidates.
              >
              > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I can't
              wait
              > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to mention all
              > the gas money I'll save)
              >
              > P.S. Bush lied.
              >
              > Amanda Tullos
              > h 713.779.2247