RE: [hreg] I'm mad as hell

  • Steven M. Stelzer
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
      A few years ago on the way to Disney world, I saw a great many solar water
      heater panels on roofs around Orlando, and a few solar panels. Florida
      actually subsidizes renewable energy, and their energy code is very
      advanced. The Florida Solar Energy Center of UCF is a frontrunner in the
      study of hot/humid climate issues, and may be a good resource for your
      inquiries. I've found Florida renewable equipment vendors to have a good
      web presence, which you might want to investigate.

      For what it's worth,

      Steve Stelzer

      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 7, 2004
        For a good introduction to improved voting systems used in some places even in the
        U.S., and a thorough discussion of how our current election system is faulty, check
        out this book:

        Fixing Elections: The Failure of America's Winner Take All System, by Steven Hill,
        Routledge Press, 2002, ISBN 0-415-93193-2

        David

        David M. Eggleston
        VelomobileUSA, LLC
        Midland, TX
        www.VelomobileUSA.com
      • Randy Scott
        Message 3 of 30 , Feb 7, 2004
          Just exactly WHO are the people who make up the electoral college?
          Are they elected officials?
          Are they Senators?
          Can they be impeached?

          Randy Scott

          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Janet" <jhd1@e...> wrote:
          > Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US.
          The
          > Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of
          the
          > people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
          demanding
          > in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the
          votes
          > than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi
          majority
          > leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
          > The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully
          stood up to
          > the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has
          been on
          > the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
          > Jim Duncan
          > ********
          > There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
          > and that is an idea whose time has come.
          > Victor Hugo

        • Randy Scott
          Message 4 of 30 , Feb 7, 2004
            --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Amanda Tullos" <atullos@h...> wrote:

            > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I
            can't wait
            > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to
            mention all
            > the gas money I'll save)
            > > Amanda Tullos
            > h 713.779.2247
            > c 281.384.3756
            > atullos@h... <mailto:atullos@h...>

            Congratulations on that new car. I was seriously shopping around for
            one of them - before I lost my job.

            Randy
          • John Miggins
            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 8, 2004
              Congratulations on the hybrid Amanda, what made you choose the Honda over
              the Toyota?

              We are shopping for one and waiting for one that has a little more space
              like a CRV, but I was curious as to why you choose the

              Honda over the Toyota.

              thanks and good choice.
              I am glad the $2000 deductions is still available.

              John Miggins
              Harvest Solar and Wind Power
              1571 East 22 Place
              Tulsa, OK 74114
              918-743-2299 phone/fax
              918-809-7223 cell

              http://www.harvest-energy.com
              > I wish we could vote for "None of the above," sometimes I don't like any
              of
              > the candidates.
              >
              > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I can't
              wait
              > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to mention all
              > the gas money I'll save)
              >
              > P.S. Bush lied.
              >
              > Amanda Tullos
              > h 713.779.2247
              > c 281.384.3756
              > atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

            • Michael Christie
              Message 6 of 30 , Feb 9, 2004
                The electors are appointed by each party. Only the winning parties electors,
                in each state, will vote in the electoral college. They tend to be party
                regulars, campaign contributors or people who have worked on elections, and
                the like, but there is no real litmus test other than party loyalty. You
                could become an elector yourself. Go talk to your party. They cannot be
                impeached, and each electors vote is final, and cannot be appealed. The
                elector is not legally bound to vote for the candidate that they have been
                elected to vote for, and there have been defections in the past, but very
                few.

                The electoral college is, in my opinion, an archaic institute that was never
                intended to be permanent and should be abolished. Unfortunately, it will
                take a constitutional ammendment. This is an excellent subject to speak to
                your congressman about.

                Michael Christie

                Just exactly WHO are the people who make up the electoral college?
                Are they elected officials?
                Are they Senators?
                Can they be impeached?

                Randy Scott

                --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Janet" <jhd1@e...> wrote:
                > Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US.
                The
                > Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of
                the
                > people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
                demanding
                > in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the
                votes
                > than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi
                majority
                > leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
                > The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully
                stood up to
                > the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has
                been on
                > the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
                > Jim Duncan
                > ********
                > There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
                > and that is an idea whose time has come.
                > Victor Hugo

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Amanda Tullos
                Message 7 of 30 , Feb 9, 2004
                  I chose the Honda because of price and 3.9% financing. Also, my husband
                  recommended we NOT buy the Toyota because it is the first year after a major
                  "redesign" (which could mean unforeseen problems).

                  I test drove several cars, including the Diesel turbo beetle and a 2001
                  Toyota Prius. (I was hoping to possibly use bio-diesel from a local
                  supplier, but I never finished the research)

                  The new Prius is more expensive because it is "Car of the year" and there is
                  also wait. So, I went to Gillman Honda-- they had 2 hybrids, a 2003 and a
                  2004. I bought the 2004. I used the AAA website as a go-by to make sure I
                  was getting a good deal- you can get fleet pricing if you are a member.

                  Amanda Tullos
                  h 713.779.2247
                  c 281.384.3756
                  atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

                  > I wish we could vote for "None of the above," sometimes I don't like any
                  of
                  > the candidates.
                  >
                  > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I can't
                  wait
                  > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to mention all
                  > the gas money I'll save)
                  >
                  > P.S. Bush lied.
                  >
                  > Amanda Tullos
                  > h 713.779.2247