RE: [hreg] I'm mad as hell

  • Ooi, Han
    Message 1 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
      Aw, com'on...I am just clowning with you guys.

      Of course if you all had voted for Nader, it wouldn't have made a difference because George won Texas by a large margin.

      Me personally, I am very optimistic that the day renewables will arrive is sooner than we think...and it will be without much government intervention.

      Anyone check on gas and oil prices lately? All have been going up. Oil is up because the booming economies of China and India are sucking in increasing amount of oil and also because of political instability in the oil producing countries. Gas is up because restriction on drilling.

      Soon, the price will be high enough to drive alternative technologies. The Saudis wanted to keep oil in the $20 to $29 range because that's the price where they max their profit without triggering the growth of alternative tech and energy. But the new demand and instability is tipping the price out of that ideal range.

      So the day, is coming, and will be upon us soon.

      Han

      Message 2 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
        Ok, maybe that was a joke. Sorry. Maybe I jumped the gun on that. It's
        too easy to get emotional about things like that....

        I heard George Bush got elected because the people on this board voted for
        Ralph Nader :-)

        Han

        I have become very bold in public about asking total strangers if they are
        registered to vote. At the checkout, elevators, street corner, anywhere. I
        don't do any politicing, just letting people know that it's very important.
        Jim

        There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
        and that is an idea whose time has come.
        Victor Hugo

        > I just got through figuring my taxes, including $7500 of deductions
        > for mortgage interest & property taxes.
        >
        > I've been unemployed for 7 months and have to pay taxes on my
        > Unemployment Compensation.
        >
        > If I did not have to pay tax on the UnComp, I would get a refund of
        > over $1000 which would help me survive until I get a job.
        >
        > Including the unemployment results in a refund barely over $100,
        > which won't help nearly as much.
        >
        > ....and that's after 7 months of no paychecks.
        >
        > So, when does the revolution start?
        >
        > Randy Scott
        > "ready to load up my 2nd Amendment & go hunting yellow-bellied neo-
        > cons"
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Jim & Janet
        Message 3 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
          Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US. The
          Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of the
          people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is demanding
          in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the votes
          than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi majority
          leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
          The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully stood up to
          the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has been on
          the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
          Jim Duncan
          ********
          There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
          and that is an idea whose time has come.
          Victor Hugo

          > I heard George Bush got elected because the people on this board voted for
          Ralph Nader :-)

          > Han
        • Chris Smith
          Message 4 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
            Try the Canadian system..... with 3, 4 and 5 parties running, 35% of the
            popular vote is a landslide victory.

            Chris Smith
            (416)495-3969
            chris.smith@...

            "Jim & Janet" <jhd1@...>
            02/06/2004 10:50 AM
            Please respond to hreg

            To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
            cc:

            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
              Excuse me, but the one man one vote system has its flaws. I personally
              love the electoral college and wish Canada had one. For too long, the
              interests of Ontario and Quebec have ruled the country.
              Bright Blessings,
              Kim

              At 09:50 AM 2/6/2004 -0600, you wrote:
              >Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US. The
              >Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of the
              >people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is demanding
              >in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the votes
              >than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi majority
              >leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
              >The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully stood up to
              >the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has been on
              >the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
              >Jim Duncan
              >********
              >There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
              >and that is an idea whose time has come.
              >Victor Hugo

            • Chris Smith
              Message 6 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                Ontario + Quebec = 55% of the country's population.

                Chris Smith
                (416)495-3969
                chris.smith@...

                Kim & Garth Travis <gartht@...>
                02/06/2004 11:13 AM
                Please respond to hreg

                To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
                cc:

                Message 7 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                  From: "Ooi, Han" <Han.Ooi@...>

                  > Soon, the price will be high enough to drive alternative technologies.
                  The Saudis wanted to keep oil in the $20 to $29 range >because that's the
                  price where they max their profit without triggering the growth of
                  alternative tech and energy. But the new >demand and instability is tipping
                  the price out of that ideal range.

                  Prices are today around $35/barrel. Why don't we see price spikes at the
                  pump? The international oil cartel is easily able to absorb massive drops in
                  profits in order to keep supplies at affordable pump prices.
                  The US is looking seriously at Russian oil reserves because of the dangers
                  and roadblocks in the Middle East. The cheap oil is gone.
                  Look, I can't emphasize enough that you at least get your hands on a copy of
                  Michael Osbornes book, Silver in The Mine' (no Michael doesn't pay me to
                  push his book. After all, he's GIVING it away) for some very compelling
                  information on oil.
                  Jim Duncan
                  ******
                  ...the perfect is the enemy of the good.
                  Voltaire
                • chasmauch@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                    Our tax code is absurd in many respects. Like why do we still subsidize large families? You should get a deduction for one child or maybe two, nothing for the 3rd, and start getting penalties for any over that number.

                    But it is the hidden stuff that bugs me. For instance WalMart is now the biggest employer in the country - I think it has about a million employees. The Walton heirs are all multibillionaires, but still squeeze every dime they can out of their employees by paying rock bottom wages (see "Nickel and Dimed" by Barbara Ehrenrich).

                    But in fact those low wages are subsidized by the taxpayers. When the underpaid folks with no health care or other benefits get sick, what do they do? Right - they go where all the other poor people go - to an emergency room to get routine care in the most expensive and inefficient manner possible. They also get food stamps and other forms of poverty assistance. Why do we subsidize the Waltons? Or for that matter, all the other places that give low pay and no benefits - Target, Home Depot, etc, etc, etc. We think they provide us with things at low cost but in fact we are paying much more than is reflected in those blue light specials and other "low, low prices." I think some of those costs should be charged back to the employers.

                    Oops - guess my populist blood is acting up again. I will probably get a lot of lectures explaining how "free markets" work. Yeah, right.

                    Charlie
                  • Chris Smith
                    Message 9 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                      Um...... Ontario has 30% of the population and contributes 50% of the
                      money.
                      "Rape" isn't exactly an accurate term. "Support" may be more apt.

                      Chris Smith
                      (416)495-3969
                      chris.smith@...

                      Kim & Garth Travis <gartht@...>
                      02/06/2004 11:51 AM
                      Please respond to hreg

                      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
                      cc:

                      Exactly, and that allowed them to rape the western provinces.
                      Bright Blessings,
                      Kim

                      At 11:14 AM 2/6/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                      >Ontario + Quebec = 55% of the country's population.
                      >
                      >Chris Smith
                      >(416)495-3969
                      >chris.smith@...
                      >

                      >Kim & Garth Travis <gartht@...>
                      >02/06/2004 11:13 AM
                      >Please respond to hreg
                      >

                      > To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
                      > cc:
                      > Subject: Re: [hreg] I'm mad as hell
                      >

                      >Excuse me, but the one man one vote system has its flaws. I personally
                      >love the electoral college and wish Canada had one. For too long, the
                      >interests of Ontario and Quebec have ruled the country.
                      >Bright Blessings,
                      >Kim
                      >
                      >At 09:50 AM 2/6/2004 -0600, you wrote:
                      > >Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US. The
                      > >Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of the
                      > >people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
                      >demanding
                      > >in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the
                      votes
                      > >than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi
                      majority
                      > >leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
                      > >The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully stood
                      up
                      > >the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has been
                      on
                      > >the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
                      > >Jim Duncan
                      > >********
                      > >There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
                      > >and that is an idea whose time has come.
                      > >Victor Hugo

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Message 10 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                        Exactly, and that allowed them to rape the western provinces.
                        Bright Blessings,
                        Kim

                        At 11:14 AM 2/6/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                        >Ontario + Quebec = 55% of the country's population.
                        >
                        >Chris Smith
                        >(416)495-3969
                        >chris.smith@...
                        >

                        >Kim & Garth Travis <gartht@...>
                        >02/06/2004 11:13 AM
                        >Please respond to hreg
                        >

                        > To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
                        > cc:
                        > Subject: Re: [hreg] I'm mad as hell
                        >

                        >Excuse me, but the one man one vote system has its flaws. I personally
                        >love the electoral college and wish Canada had one. For too long, the
                        >interests of Ontario and Quebec have ruled the country.
                        >Bright Blessings,
                        >Kim
                        >
                        >At 09:50 AM 2/6/2004 -0600, you wrote:
                        > >Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US. The
                        > >Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of the
                        > >people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
                        >demanding
                        > >in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the votes
                        > >than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi majority
                        > >leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
                        > >The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully stood up
                        > >the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has been on
                        > >the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
                        > >Jim Duncan
                        > >********
                        > >There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
                        > >and that is an idea whose time has come.
                        > >Victor Hugo

                      • BASHIR A SYED

                          That's incorrect.  Gore actually won the popular vote, even with Nader
                          taking a percentage.  The vote that counts is the electoral college vote,
                          none of whom voted for Nader.

                          I heard George Bush got elected because the people on this board voted for
                          Ralph Nader  :-)

                          Han

                          I have become very bold in public about asking total strangers if they are
                          registered to vote. At the checkout, elevators, street corner, anywhere. I
                          don't do any politicing, just letting people know that it's very important.
                          Jim

                          There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
                          and that is an idea whose time has come.
                          Victor Hugo

                          > I just got through figuring my taxes, including $7500 of deductions
                          > for mortgage interest & property taxes.
                          >
                          > I've been unemployed for 7 months and have to pay taxes on my
                          > Unemployment Compensation.
                          >
                          > If I did not have to pay tax on the UnComp, I would get a refund of
                          > over $1000 which would help me survive until I get a job.
                          >
                          > Including the unemployment results in a refund barely over $100,
                          > which won't help nearly as much.
                          >
                          > ....and that's after 7 months of no paychecks.
                          >
                          > So, when does the revolution start?
                          >
                          > Randy Scott
                          > "ready to load up my 2nd Amendment & go hunting yellow-bellied neo-
                          > cons"
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          ---
                          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                          ---

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Michael Christie
                          Message 12 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                            Chris,

                            There is no proof that the Nazi's had anything to do with the burning of the
                            Reichstag. The arsonist was a mentally disturbed Dutch man. His name escapes
                            me at the moment, but most any history book about Hitler will have the
                            information. He was caught inside the building with fire accelerants. It
                            does appear to be something that the Nazi's would do, but the facts seem to
                            be that they just didn't think of it. Oh, by the way, it was his election to
                            the Reichstag that had the low voter turnout, and it is true that Hindenburg
                            promoted him to Chancellor.

                            Yes, a little off topic, but that's OK with me. Oh, by the way, I have voted
                            in more elections in Harris County in the last fifteen years than 99.999% of
                            registered voters and I am PROUD of the fact! Haven't missed a single one,
                            including primaries.

                            Jim & Janet, have you ever considered becoming voter registrars? That way
                            you can do more than ask people to register to vote, you can sign them up on
                            the spot. Keep up the good work, and I hope more people on this site will
                            follow your example.

                            Michael Christie

                            Message 13 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                              Not when they take raw materials at less than market and then sell finished
                              stuff at premium. If it is support then why is Alberta oil cheaper in
                              Ontario, than at home? There is a reason for the t-shirts that read: "let
                              them easter "B's" freeze in the dark."
                              Bright Blessings,
                              Kim

                            • Paul Archer
                              Message 14 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                                Actually, the best voting system is one-man(person)-one-vote--per-candidate.
                                In other words, if there are three people on the ballot, and you like two of
                                them, you vote for them both. The advantage is that you can support a
                                third-party candidate without "throwing away your vote." Unfortunately, it's
                                kind of a hard sell, since it doesn't seem like it would work (until you
                                think about it)--and we all know how hard it is to get the average Joe to
                                think...

                                Paul

                                PS. The other popular alternative system is ranking candidates; it has
                                problems when you get into edge cases. It's still better than one-person-
                                one-vote.

                                10:13am, Kim & Garth Travis wrote:

                                > Excuse me, but the one man one vote system has its flaws. I personally
                                > love the electoral college and wish Canada had one. For too long, the
                                > interests of Ontario and Quebec have ruled the country.
                                > Bright Blessings,
                                > Kim
                                >
                                > At 09:50 AM 2/6/2004 -0600, you wrote:
                                > >Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US. The
                                > >Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of the
                                > >people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is demanding
                                > >in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the votes
                                > >than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi majority
                                > >leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
                                > >The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully stood up to
                                > >the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has been on
                                > >the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
                                > >Jim Duncan
                                > >********
                                > >There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
                                > >and that is an idea whose time has come.
                                > >Victor Hugo

                                "Welcome to downtown Coolsville--population: us."
                              • Amanda Tullos
                                Message 15 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                                  I wish we could vote for "None of the above," sometimes I don't like any of
                                  the candidates.

                                  On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I can't wait
                                  for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to mention all
                                  the gas money I'll save)

                                  P.S. Bush lied.

                                  Amanda Tullos
                                  h 713.779.2247
                                  c 281.384.3756
                                  atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

                                  one-man(person)-one-vote--per-candidate.
                                  In other words, if there are three people on the ballot, and you like two of
                                  them, you vote for them both. The advantage is that you can support a
                                  third-party candidate without "throwing away your vote." Unfortunately, it's
                                  kind of a hard sell, since it doesn't seem like it would work (until you
                                  think about it)--and we all know how hard it is to get the average Joe to
                                  think...

                                  Paul

                                  PS. The other popular alternative system is ranking candidates; it has
                                  problems when you get into edge cases. It's still better than one-person-
                                  one-vote.

                                  10:13am, Kim & Garth Travis wrote:

                                  > Excuse me, but the one man one vote system has its flaws. I personally
                                  > love the electoral college and wish Canada had one. For too long, the
                                  > interests of Ontario and Quebec have ruled the country.
                                  > Bright Blessings,
                                  > Kim
                                  >
                                  > At 09:50 AM 2/6/2004 -0600, you wrote:
                                  > >Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US. The
                                  > >Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of the
                                  > >people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
                                  demanding
                                  > >in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the votes
                                  > >than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi majority
                                  > >leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
                                  > >The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully stood up
                                  > >the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has been on
                                  > >the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
                                  > >Jim Duncan
                                  > >********
                                  > >There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
                                  > >and that is an idea whose time has come.
                                  > >Victor Hugo

                                  ---
                                  Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                                  ---
                                • Steven M. Stelzer
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Feb 6, 2004
                                    A few years ago on the way to Disney world, I saw a great many solar water
                                    heater panels on roofs around Orlando, and a few solar panels. Florida
                                    actually subsidizes renewable energy, and their energy code is very
                                    advanced. The Florida Solar Energy Center of UCF is a frontrunner in the
                                    study of hot/humid climate issues, and may be a good resource for your
                                    inquiries. I've found Florida renewable equipment vendors to have a good
                                    web presence, which you might want to investigate.

                                    For what it's worth,

                                    Steve Stelzer

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Feb 7, 2004
                                      For a good introduction to improved voting systems used in some places even in the
                                      U.S., and a thorough discussion of how our current election system is faulty, check
                                      out this book:

                                      Fixing Elections: The Failure of America's Winner Take All System, by Steven Hill,
                                      Routledge Press, 2002, ISBN 0-415-93193-2

                                      David

                                      David M. Eggleston
                                      VelomobileUSA, LLC
                                      Midland, TX
                                      www.VelomobileUSA.com
                                    • Randy Scott
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Feb 7, 2004
                                        Just exactly WHO are the people who make up the electoral college?
                                        Are they elected officials?
                                        Are they Senators?
                                        Can they be impeached?

                                        Randy Scott

                                        --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Janet" <jhd1@e...> wrote:
                                        > Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US.
                                        The
                                        > Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of
                                        the
                                        > people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
                                        demanding
                                        > in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the
                                        votes
                                        > than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi
                                        majority
                                        > leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
                                        > The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully
                                        stood up to
                                        > the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has
                                        been on
                                        > the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
                                        > Jim Duncan
                                        > ********
                                        > There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
                                        > and that is an idea whose time has come.
                                        > Victor Hugo

                                      • Randy Scott
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Feb 7, 2004
                                          --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Amanda Tullos" <atullos@h...> wrote:

                                          > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I
                                          can't wait
                                          > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to
                                          mention all
                                          > the gas money I'll save)
                                          > > Amanda Tullos
                                          > h 713.779.2247
                                          > c 281.384.3756
                                          > atullos@h... <mailto:atullos@h...>

                                          Congratulations on that new car. I was seriously shopping around for
                                          one of them - before I lost my job.

                                          Randy
                                        • John Miggins
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Feb 8, 2004
                                            Congratulations on the hybrid Amanda, what made you choose the Honda over
                                            the Toyota?

                                            We are shopping for one and waiting for one that has a little more space
                                            like a CRV, but I was curious as to why you choose the

                                            Honda over the Toyota.

                                            thanks and good choice.
                                            I am glad the $2000 deductions is still available.

                                            John Miggins
                                            Harvest Solar and Wind Power
                                            1571 East 22 Place
                                            Tulsa, OK 74114
                                            918-743-2299 phone/fax
                                            918-809-7223 cell

                                            http://www.harvest-energy.com
                                            > I wish we could vote for "None of the above," sometimes I don't like any
                                            of
                                            > the candidates.
                                            >
                                            > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I can't
                                            wait
                                            > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to mention all
                                            > the gas money I'll save)
                                            >
                                            > P.S. Bush lied.
                                            >
                                            > Amanda Tullos
                                            > h 713.779.2247
                                            > c 281.384.3756
                                            > atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

                                          • Michael Christie
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Feb 9, 2004
                                              The electors are appointed by each party. Only the winning parties electors,
                                              in each state, will vote in the electoral college. They tend to be party
                                              regulars, campaign contributors or people who have worked on elections, and
                                              the like, but there is no real litmus test other than party loyalty. You
                                              could become an elector yourself. Go talk to your party. They cannot be
                                              impeached, and each electors vote is final, and cannot be appealed. The
                                              elector is not legally bound to vote for the candidate that they have been
                                              elected to vote for, and there have been defections in the past, but very
                                              few.

                                              The electoral college is, in my opinion, an archaic institute that was never
                                              intended to be permanent and should be abolished. Unfortunately, it will
                                              take a constitutional ammendment. This is an excellent subject to speak to
                                              your congressman about.

                                              Michael Christie

                                              Just exactly WHO are the people who make up the electoral college?
                                              Are they elected officials?
                                              Are they Senators?
                                              Can they be impeached?

                                              Randy Scott

                                              --- In hreg@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Janet" <jhd1@e...> wrote:
                                              > Bush was elected because of the archaic method of voting in the US.
                                              The
                                              > Electoral College system is seldom a reflection of the true will of
                                              the
                                              > people. This is similar to the election model the Bush regime is
                                              demanding
                                              > in Iraq. 'Regional Caucuses are a better method of manipulating the
                                              votes
                                              > than the tried and true 'one-man-one-vote' system that the Iraqi
                                              majority
                                              > leaders want. (No offense ladies, but the women cannot vote there)
                                              > The Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Husseini al-Sistani has successfully
                                              stood up to
                                              > the Pentagon and demanded fair elections. For his trouble, he has
                                              been on
                                              > the recieving end of a 3rd unsuccessful assination attempt.
                                              > Jim Duncan
                                              > ********
                                              > There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world,
                                              > and that is an idea whose time has come.
                                              > Victor Hugo

                                              Yahoo! Groups Links
                                            • Amanda Tullos
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Feb 9, 2004
                                                I chose the Honda because of price and 3.9% financing. Also, my husband
                                                recommended we NOT buy the Toyota because it is the first year after a major
                                                "redesign" (which could mean unforeseen problems).

                                                I test drove several cars, including the Diesel turbo beetle and a 2001
                                                Toyota Prius. (I was hoping to possibly use bio-diesel from a local
                                                supplier, but I never finished the research)

                                                The new Prius is more expensive because it is "Car of the year" and there is
                                                also wait. So, I went to Gillman Honda-- they had 2 hybrids, a 2003 and a
                                                2004. I bought the 2004. I used the AAA website as a go-by to make sure I
                                                was getting a good deal- you can get fleet pricing if you are a member.

                                                Amanda Tullos
                                                h 713.779.2247
                                                c 281.384.3756
                                                atullos@... <mailto:atullos@...>

                                                > I wish we could vote for "None of the above," sometimes I don't like any
                                                of
                                                > the candidates.
                                                >
                                                > On a separate note, I bought a Honda Civic Hybrid this week and I can't
                                                wait
                                                > for my $2,000.00 tax deduction at the end of the year. (Not to mention all
                                                > the gas money I'll save)
                                                >
                                                > P.S. Bush lied.
                                                >
                                                > Amanda Tullos
                                                > h 713.779.2247