Energy Wise Challenge

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
      Happy New Year HREG! A new feature has been added to the HREG website!

      It's called "The Energy Wise Challenge". Besides educating about wise
      energy choices such as conservation and renewable energy, it provides
      feedback on what difference our individual and group actions make toward
      improving our environment and economy. I hope that you will give it a try
      today and tell your friends about it.
      http://www.txses.org/hreg/index.php

      The Energy Wise Challenge is set up as a survey of the energy choices we all
      make. The data is stored in a database and is designed to be updated as you
      begin new energy wise practices. Simply log back in at any time with your
      e-mail address and update your information. Let's all try and take the
      Challenge before our Jan. 25th meeting and that will set a baseline for what
      HREG members are already doing. Then, we can improve from there!

      Note: Be sure to check the box that says you are already a member of the
      HREG eGroup. That way, your totals will be counted toward the group totals
      and you will not get an invitation to join the group again.

      Thank you,
      Mike Ewert
    • Kim & Garth Travis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
        Mike this is a nice challenge, but what are you suppose to do if you have
        eliminated that choice? For example, my refrigerator has enclosed coils,
        so it is no longer possible to clean them. It is a high efficiency fridge.

        Also, how about some points for using evaporative cooling? It was HREG
        that put the idea into my head, so now I cool 1800 square feet with one
        window unit. My sprinkler system on my roof runs for 32 seconds every 14
        minutes during daylight hours. On a metal building, this provides a real
        savings. This also means I have no thermostat to turn down. We cool to 78
        in the summer, but we both spend most of the workday outside, so our bodies
        are acclimated to the heat

        I hope everyone has a great new year!

        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

        At 02:39 PM 1/1/2004 -0600, you wrote:
        >Happy New Year HREG! A new feature has been added to the HREG website!
        >
        >It's called "The Energy Wise Challenge". Besides educating about wise
        >energy choices such as conservation and renewable energy, it provides
        >feedback on what difference our individual and group actions make toward
        >improving our environment and economy. I hope that you will give it a try
        >today and tell your friends about it.
        >http://www.txses.org/hreg/index.php
        >
        >The Energy Wise Challenge is set up as a survey of the energy choices we all
        >make. The data is stored in a database and is designed to be updated as you
        >begin new energy wise practices. Simply log back in at any time with your
        >e-mail address and update your information. Let's all try and take the
        >Challenge before our Jan. 25th meeting and that will set a baseline for what
        >HREG members are already doing. Then, we can improve from there!
        >
        >Note: Be sure to check the box that says you are already a member of the
        >HREG eGroup. That way, your totals will be counted toward the group totals
        >and you will not get an invitation to join the group again.
        >
        >Thank you,
        >Mike Ewert
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >To visit your group on the web, go to:

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Richard D. Kelley
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
          I would like to hear more about the sprinkler system!

          Thank you,

          Richard D. Kelley, PMP
          Certified Project Manger
          Rdkelley@...
          (281) 933 - 3958

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2004
            There are certainly other energy wise ideas that could be added and improvements that could be made.  I will collect ideas for possible future upgrades.

            Great job on the evaporative cooling Kim!  If you have time to write up a few details and take a picture, it would be great to post under member projects on the website.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
              When I get a chance I will take some pictures and get Garth to help me
              write up a description of the electronics involved.
              Bright Blessings,
              Kim