Results of Survey

  • Roxanne Boyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      Below are the results of the survey we took.  Thirteen members responded to the following questions out of the ~200 on the listserver.

      1.        In which county do you reside?
      Harris 6, Waller 1, Montgomery 1, Travis 2, FortBend 1, and No response 2

      2.        Are you using RE at your residence or business, and if so, what type?

      Only three members replying had RE systems, 2 PV and 1 hot water heater (I know other members that have RE systems that did not respond).  Several members used RE by having GreenMountain as electricity provider.

      3.        Do you have plans to install RE at your residence in the next few years, if so, what type?

      Ten members responded they were going to install  PV, Wind, Hot Water, or Rain water collection soon.  Affordability seems to be the main constraint.

      4.        Is there an area of RE about which you would like to know more information?

      Members were interested in the following areas: urban wind power, microturbines, RE economics, geothermal heat pumps, solar cells, fuel cells, energy credits, learning from experience of members with systems.

    • Mike Ewert
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2004
        Even though the response rate was low, I think the answers are representative from what I know of the group.

        Chris, I think your idea of getting members to do a little research on selected topics of interest and then post the results to the group is a good one.  If we get them in Word documents, rather than just e-mail messages, then we could maybe also save them on our website for future reference by all.