Re: [hreg] Solor Energy anyone?

  • Jim & Janet
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 28, 2003
      Hi Richard,
      For 6 years, I claimed that I had a solar lawnmower. The fact is
      that I had solar photovoltaic system powering my workshop. We also had a
      rechargeable electric lawnmower that stayed charged from the PV. That was
      close enough for me. I also bought an electric string trimmer. Same deal, I
      ran my 100ft extension cord out from the shop to power the trimmer.
      I think I remember seeing a small PV powered mower, one with a solar panel
      to keep the battery charged. It was a reel type mower. It didn't seem too
      practical for large or shady yards like many.
      The Houston, North Texas, El Paso and Austin chapters of the Texas Solar
      Energy Society are not too busy on our respective discussion sites these
      days. It could be the holidays are a distraction or whatever.
      The latest event here in North Texas was the final addition of a 20 ft
      extension onto the top of my wind data collection tower.
      http://www.countryroad.us/ is where the pictures are posted. It is now 20
      meters tall and will relay wind speed and direction to West Texas A&M Univ.
      in Canyon Texas. http://www.wtamu.edu/research/aei/.
      We are all waiting for the release of the final proposal by the City of
      Austin and its move to implement a solar rebate program for Austin Energys
      customers. That's about all that's going on 'round here that I know of.
      regards,
      Jim Duncan
      North Texas Renewable Energy Inc.
      817.917.0527
      ntrei@...

      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 4, 2004
        If you would take the time to read your "E" mail, you might just notice
        that there is a line (happens to be at the bottom of this "E" mail, too)
        that starts with, "To unsubscribe..." Why don't you start with that?

        Q: Why was AOL invented?
        A: To give the Internet an ethnic group to make fun of.
        Sheesh.

        Paul Archer

        10:49pm, mykeking@... wrote:

        > GET ME OFFof your "E" mail Address book.
        > Thanks MYKEKING@AOL>COM
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        My New Year's Resolution is 1280x1024!