Re: [hreg] More bad legislation...

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2003
      Excuse me, but this comment is very incomplete. These rules apply to
      everyone that lives by DOT, not just trucking companies. As a person who
      is involved in the oil field service area, I think this is wonderful
      legislation. The 10 hours off is from clock punch out to clock punch
      in. In this 10 hours, the worker must drive home and back, shower, sleep,
      eat, kiss his kids, his wife, do the honey-do-list, and live. Many of
      these guys work seven days a week. Most have been getting by on 4 hours
      sleep, because they only got 8 hours off. The cost in terms of medical
      problems, family problems, divorce, etc. is too high the way things are.

      The number of innocent people that get killed everyday because a truck
      driver fell asleep on the road is way too high. These guys are not
      automatons, they do need time off and if the companies don't provide
      reasonable hours, then we do have to legislate it.

      Bright Blessings,
      Kim