Re: [hreg] Call for Papers for 2004 Solar Conference

  • John Miggins
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2003
      Joseph, we have everything you need from used solar water heating panels,
      4x8 to 4x10 for $200 and up, recirculating pumps and controls.
      I would recommend new pumps, they are not that expensive.

      we can send you a diagram if needed.

      A basic system is very easy to build and can be integragted into you hot
      water heater or run seperately.

      I happen to be bringing down 2 4 x 20 panels for delivery Friday, let me
      know,

      most of these have low iron glass covers to retain the heat, however I have
      some that the glass is broken on that would go for $100 each,

      you could experiment with other covers.

      Controls can be manual or automatic. Most of these came from solar systems
      in and around Houston that circulated a heat exchange fluid to heat and

      transferred this to potable water via a drainback tank with heat exhange.

      call me tonight if you can as I will be loading up and leaving for Houston
      by 1:00

      These panels came from Morningstar Enterprises, most of you know David
      Sawchak, he did solar water heating in Houston for years and still does some
      systems.

      John Miggins
      Harvest Solar and Wind Power
      1571 East 22 Place