HREG - Sunday, May 28th, 2000 meeting minutes.

  • James Ferrill
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2000
      HREG - Sunday, May 28th, 2000 meeting minutes.

      Attendees: Mike Ewert, James Ferrill, Oral LaFleur, Diane Clemens, Jonathan
      Clemens. We would like to welcome first time visitors Steve Andrews, Laura
      Andrews, and Haydn Maughan (sp?).

      We would like to thank Leonard Bachman from the University of Houston School
      of Architecture, for speaking about "Energy Efficient and Solar Homes in
      Houston" and providing an informative slide series. I personally found it very
      interesting.

      The Roundup in Fredericksburg and HREG participation was discussed. Jonathan
      said that we need to do some fundraising if we want to have a booth or do a
      workshop. Several ideas were floated around, but no final decision was made
      regarding what kind of booth/workshop HREG would try to do. Laura said that
      Chronicle has a free calendar that you can get listed in by calling 2 weeks
      before your event comes up.

      Mike Ewert described the results of the poll about what the main reasons were
      for people not attending more of our bi-monthly meetings. There seems to no
      clear reason, just that people are busy. Mike said this was one of the
      advantages of the egroups setup; it allows people to keep up with HREG events.

      The next meeting at the end of July was discussed. Oral and others will likely
      not be available during that time.

      New officers discussed at the last meeting were voted in:

      President - Jonathan Clemens
      Vice president - Oral LaFleur
      Education - Mike Ewert
      Secretary/treasurer - James Ferrill

      If anyone would like to start a discussion thread on the eGroup about topics
      for future meetings, Roundup, or any other subject, go right ahead.

      All in all, it was a good meeting. Looking forward to seeing you at the next
      one.

      James Ferrill