Be in a movie & make money for Texas Solar!!

  • Texas Solar Energy Society
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 16, 2003
      Please join the fun on Monday, November 24th!  We are looking for at least 100 people to join us for a FUN filled day at the Austin UT Stadium being "the crowd" for filming a Tommy Lee Jones football movie.  The studio will donate $10 for every person TXSES brings.

      They will pick us up together by bus at 7 am, provide free food and entertainment throughout the day until 4:30 pm, give away door prizes like plasma TVs, DVD players and even a Bronco!  It would be fun without the charitable donation, but, hey, we stand to generate $1,000 for TXSES!

      Suggestion:  get off work for doing charitable work!  And it really is.  Sign up as many of your co-workers as you can.  They need a total of 3,000 people, 18 and older.

      I have to send the list of names to L.A. by next Friday, so please email me back immediately that you want to be part of the fun.  This is going to be an entertaining day, we make money for TXSES and we get to brag that we were in the movies!!

      Thanks for your support,

      Kathryn Houser, Executive Director
      Texas Solar Energy Society
      PO Box 1447
      Austin, TX  78767-1447
      512-326-3391 OR 800-465-5049
    • Jan Wheeler
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 16, 2003
        OK, I will do it.
        --Jan Wheeler

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 16, 2003
          Count me in.

          SBT Designs
          25840 IH-10 West #1
          Boerne, Texas 78006
          210-698-7109

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 18, 2003
            Thanks, Jan!  Can you also try to bring a friend or two?  We could definitely use more bodies on our team so far!  If you do get commitments from others, be sure I get their names for the list.

            I will be emailing again closer to the date as well.  For now, know that we are to meet our bus at 7 a.m. at the old airport, where we will be able to park our personal vehicles for free all day.  The bus will return us there at 4:30. It is required that we all travel to the stadium together in order to facilitate the check-in process once there.  Filming will start as soon as everyone is in the stadium.

            Thanks for supporting TXSES!

            best regards,
            Kathryn

          • lhu@lharchitects.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 21, 2003
              Lunce Hu
              Ling Hu
              Yang Hu
              David Hu
              An Hu
              Tan Hu
              Suzanne Meuret

              > Please join the fun on Monday, November 24th! We
              > are looking for at least 100 people to join us for a
              > FUN filled day at the Austin UT Stadium being "the
              > crowd" for filming a Tommy Lee Jones football
              > movie. The studio will donate $10 for every person
              > TXSES brings.
              >
              > They will pick us up together by bus at 7 am,
              > provide free food and entertainment throughout the
              > day until 4:30 pm, give away door prizes like plasma
              > TVs, DVD players and even a Bronco! It would be fun
              > without the charitable donation, but, hey, we stand
              > to generate $1,000 for TXSES!
              >
              > Suggestion: get off work for doing charitable
              > work! And it really is. Sign up as many of your
              > co-workers as you can. They need a total of 3,000
              > people, 18 and older.
              >
              > I have to send the list of names to L.A. by next
              > Friday, so please email me back immediately that you
              > want to be part of the fun. This is going to be an
              > entertaining day, we make money for TXSES and we get
              > to brag that we were in the movies!!
              >
              > Thanks for your support,
              >
              > Kathryn Houser, Executive Director
              > Texas Solar Energy Society
              > PO Box 1447
              > Austin, TX 78767-1447
              > 512-326-3391 OR 800-465-5049
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > [IMG]

              > Terms of Service.

              Lunce Hu AIA
              Lunce Hu Architects, Inc.
              713-664-2353
              lhu@...
            • Texas Solar Energy Society
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 7, 2003
                This comes from the studio:  "Participation in the making of a major motion picture should be taken seriously.  Just as a lot of time and effort goes into the making of a movie, a lot of our time and effort goes into making sure your group's time on the set is a fun and enjoyable experience.  We need to keep accurate counts of how many people are attending, so that we can ensure that we are ordering adequate food, buses, and parking accommodations."

                This is to let you know that we are counting on you to be there.

                You must sign the attached release form and fax it back to me at 326-1785 immediately .  This will be your commitment to the project and will let us know we can count on you.  Please do not sign it if there is any doubt about your being able to participate.

                And here are few more details about the day from the studio:

                Dress Code:  No logos of any kind, other than University of Texas Team Logos. This is very important, please, no exceptions.  Only small backpacks and purses will be allowed in.  There is High security on the set.  Have your picture ID with you. There is no place to check things in.  Do not bring anything that will not fit into a purse or small backpack.

                Food:  We will be providing food and snacks throughout the day.

                8.       Conduct: Everyone is required to go through a metal detector and a security check.  ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL, DRUGS, GLASS CONTAINERS OR WEAPONS OF ANY  KIND ARE ALLOWED ON THE SET.

                      Because of the location of this shoot, we ask that you make sure everyone in your group is able to move up and down stairs, easily.  Also, because this is not a public event, handicapped facilities may be blocked by equipment, and therefore not available.  We want to make sure everyone has a great time and being comfortable is a HUGE part of that!

                Thanks again for your support,

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 7, 2003
                    Hello Kathryn,
                    Do they still want more people?  I didn't contact other people because I didn't get a response back earlier acknowledging that I had volunteered.  I am happy to go, and can get other people if they need them.  Please let me know quickly.  Also, on the original letter, you said they'd pick us up in a bus.  What is the point of origin?  Originally, I thought Houston somewhere...
                    thanks,
                    Jan Wheeler

                      > > Please join the fun on Monday, November 24th! We
                      > > are looking for at least 100 people to join us for a
                      > > FUN filled day at the Austin UT Stadium being "the
                      > > crowd" for filming a Tommy Lee Jones football
                      > > movie. The studio will donate $10 for every person
                      > > TXSES brings.
                      > >
                      > > They will pick us up together by bus at 7 am,
                      > > provide free food and entertainment throughout the
                      > > day until 4:30 pm, give away door prizes like plasma
                      > > TVs, DVD players and even a Bronco! It would be fun
                      > > without the charitable donation, but, hey, we stand
                      > > to generate $1,000 for TXSES!
                      > >
                      > > Suggestion: get off work for doing charitable
                      > > work! And it really is. Sign up as many of your
                      > > co-workers as you can. They need a total of 3,000
                      > > people, 18 and older.
                      > >
                      > > I have to send the list of names to L.A. by next
                      > > Friday, so please email me back immediately that you
                      > > want to be part of the fun. This is going to be an
                      > > entertaining day, we make money for TXSES and we get
                      > > to brag that we were in the movies!!
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for your support,
                      > >
                      > > Kathryn Houser, Executive Director
                      > > Texas Solar Energy Society
                      > > PO Box 1447
                      > > Austin, TX 78767-1447
                      > > 512-326-3391 OR 800-465-5049
                      > >
                      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      > > [IMG]

                      > > Terms of Service.
                      >
                      > Lunce Hu AIA
                      > Lunce Hu Architects, Inc.
                      > 713-664-2353
                      > lhu@...

                    • Texas Solar Energy Society
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 17, 2003
                        I need your signed release form faxed to 326-1785 by this Weds. Did you get
                        that message?
                        Kathryn
                        > > Please join the fun on Monday, November 24th! We
                        > > are looking for at least 100 people to join us for a
                        > > FUN filled day at the Austin UT Stadium being "the
                        > > crowd" for filming a Tommy Lee Jones football
                        > > movie. The studio will donate $10 for every person
                        > > TXSES brings.
                        > >
                        > > They will pick us up together by bus at 7 am,
                        > > provide free food and entertainment throughout the
                        > > day until 4:30 pm, give away door prizes like plasma
                        > > TVs, DVD players and even a Bronco! It would be fun
                        > > without the charitable donation, but, hey, we stand
                        > > to generate $1,000 for TXSES!
                        > >
                        > > Suggestion: get off work for doing charitable
                        > > work! And it really is. Sign up as many of your
                        > > co-workers as you can. They need a total of 3,000
                        > > people, 18 and older.
                        > >
                        > > I have to send the list of names to L.A. by next
                        > > Friday, so please email me back immediately that you
                        > > want to be part of the fun. This is going to be an
                        > > entertaining day, we make money for TXSES and we get
                        > > to brag that we were in the movies!!
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for your support,
                        > >
                        > > Kathryn Houser, Executive Director
                        > > Texas Solar Energy Society
                        > > PO Box 1447
                        > > Austin, TX 78767-1447
                        > > 512-326-3391 OR 800-465-5049
                        > >
                        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        > > [IMG]

                        > > Terms of Service.
                        >
                        > Lunce Hu AIA
                        > Lunce Hu Architects, Inc.
                        > 713-664-2353
                        > lhu@...

                      • Jan Wheeler
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 18, 2003
                          Yes, sorry. Is that a 512 area code?
                          Jan Wheeler

                          > I need your signed release form faxed to 326-1785 by this Weds. Did you
                          get
                          > that message?
                          > Kathryn

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/