Re: [hreg] Solar Cooking

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
      Hi,
      I made my own. I use funnel cookers which can be made in about an hour.
      I have tracked down the 2 quart Bell canning jars which give you a
      much bigger cooking space. My big thing is keeping them in place in the
      wind, which I have daily at my place. I made mine about 3 years ago,
      but if you want, I can probably find the web site I made them from.
      Bright Blessings,
      Kim

      lhu@... wrote:

      > Dear Kim:
      >
      > Did you purchase the oven or made it yourself? I am
      > experimenting with making an oven and would appreciate pointers.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Lunce

    • deviant
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
        http://www.solarcooking.org

        I also enjoyed making and using the funnel cooker (look under Plans
        for Panel style cookers). However, the cooker I use the most these
        days is the Sun Oven.

        -Greg