Re: [hreg] Solar Cooking

  • lhu@lharchitects.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2 1:56 PM
      Dear Kim:

      Did you purchase the oven or made it yourself? I am
      experimenting with making an oven and would appreciate pointers.

      Thanks,
      Lunce

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3 5:40 AM
        Hi,
        I made my own. I use funnel cookers which can be made in about an hour.
        I have tracked down the 2 quart Bell canning jars which give you a
        much bigger cooking space. My big thing is keeping them in place in the
        wind, which I have daily at my place. I made mine about 3 years ago,
        but if you want, I can probably find the web site I made them from.
        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

        lhu@... wrote:

        > Dear Kim:
        >
        > Did you purchase the oven or made it yourself? I am
        > experimenting with making an oven and would appreciate pointers.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lunce

      • deviant
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4 7:34 PM
          http://www.solarcooking.org

          I also enjoyed making and using the funnel cooker (look under Plans
          for Panel style cookers). However, the cooker I use the most these
          days is the Sun Oven.

          -Greg